Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Google redirect virus

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   benhwa

benhwa

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted October 31 2010 - 06:45 PM

Hi guys, new to the forum, but need some help badly. I have contracted the dreaded google redirect virus too. Cannot use combofix since I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. It has infected Opera also (use Firefox primarily). Have used Malwarebytes, Spybot search, and Super antispyware professional to no avail. Anyone got any other ideas on how to get rid of this crap? Thanks in advance.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,186 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted October 31 2010 - 11:46 PM

Try downloading AVG http://www.avg.com/. They have an anti-virus and malware/spyware program. They have a free version that might do the trick for you.

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker

Screenwriter

• 1,076 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted November 01 2010 - 02:00 AM

When you ran those programs, were you in Safe Mode? Sometimes that can help. If you aren't familiar with Safe Mode, http://www.pchell.co.../safemode.shtml Also, you might try running Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool. Here is some info on how to do that, http://www.pchell.co...movaltool.shtml Depending on your level of expertise, you may just want to back up your data, wipe your hard drive, and reinstall your operating system. -Keith
As far as I'm concerned, it's a damned shame that a field as potentially dynamic and vital as journalism should be overrun with dullards, bums, and hacks, hag-ridden with myopia, apathy, and complacence, and generally stuck in a bog of stagnant mediocrity. - Hunter S. Thompson, 1958, from cover letter he wrote for a newspaper job.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   benhwa

benhwa

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted November 07 2010 - 04:48 PM

Thanks guys, have tried all of that to no avail. Still get redirected.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   MarkBirds

MarkBirds

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted November 07 2010 - 11:09 PM

Try that ComboFix. It worked wonders. No foolin.' Sorry ComboFix doesn't work for you, (and sorry I didn't read the top post) This virus is the biggest pain in the butt I've ever seen. There should be a special circle in Hell for the asshat that created it.
I loves me some zombies.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   benhwa

benhwa

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted November 08 2010 - 05:21 AM

I totally agree. Someone has waaay too much time on their hands to develop some BS like this. Thanks anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users