Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Toy Story 3 (Combo Pack)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 of 52 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,194 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 28 2010 - 02:04 PM

#2 of 52 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,261 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 29 2010 - 01:51 AM

Let me be the first to say "Thanks!," Matt for the review...confirming what we've come to expect--that the product, the transfer and the bonus features of a Pixar release are top notch.  While it's no surprise...it's always a welcome read. I will be looking forward to revisiting this film in HD.  I saw it once in the theater (in 3-D) and something tells me I'll be picking up on lots of things I missed the first time around. As most people here know...these films hold quite a special place in my heart.  I just recently shared discs of TS 1 & TS2 with someone (an adult) who had never seen them before.  And now there is at least one other person in the world waiting anxiously for these discs of TS3 to hit the stores so she can get caught up on the adventures of Woody and the gang.  

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 52 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,428 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted October 29 2010 - 01:58 AM

I came to the Toy Story series late in the game, like, only seeing 1 and 2 just before going to 3.  (Really!)  Love 'em all, but am also looking forward to watching TS3 at home in glorious 2D because I was always a little distracted by the dimness of the picture in the theater.

#4 of 52 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,882 posts

Posted October 29 2010 - 02:41 AM

Ditto what's been said so far. ) much like the TS series. _Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#5 of 52 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

• 4,428 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted October 29 2010 - 03:01 AM

Oh totally, no problem there.  I'm a solid Disney and Pixar admirer, even if I've tended to lag behind others in keeping up with them.  Getting better on that, though. And I loved those subsidized tickets. too.

#6 of 52 ONLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,824 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 29 2010 - 03:16 AM

This was a blind purchase for me, even before reading any reviews. Pixar is very boring -- every BD release is superb. Thanks for the review, Matt. I'm really looking forward to finally seeing this film. The first two are my favorite Pixar films.. and that's some very tough competition!

#7 of 52 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,239 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted October 29 2010 - 03:18 AM

Being a one eye, my main complaint about this in 3D was having to wear the shades.  I can't wait to see this with it's proper colour!  I have the Ultimate set on pre-order.

#8 of 52 OFFLINE   Frank Ha

Frank Ha

Second Unit

• 355 posts
  • LocationLand of mole, tlayudas and chapulines

Posted October 29 2010 - 03:35 AM

[quote]Originally Posted by Mike Frezon [url=/forum/thread/305381/htf-blu-ray-review-toy-story-3-combo-pack#post_3744953]

"And in the end, the only thing you really own is... your story.  Just trying to live a good one" - The Drover 

#9 of 52 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,946 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted October 29 2010 - 03:49 AM

With a combination of release week deals and Disney's $8 coupon, this is really a no brainer.  The only problem for me is I won't get to watch it for a while.  As always with Pixar, a fun movie for the kids with a complete second level for the adults. Thanks for the excellent review, too, Matt.  It confirmed what I strongly suspected this entire time about Pixar releases.

#10 of 52 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,261 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 29 2010 - 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jason_V 

With a combination of release week deals and Disney's $8 coupon, this is really a no brainer.  .

Hey, Jason...would you be so kind as to spell out the coupon possibilities for TS3?  I haven't heard much on the topic.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#11 of 52 OFFLINE   dpippel

dpippel

HTF Premium Member

• 3,393 posts

Posted October 29 2010 - 04:38 AM

Sorry to butt in Mike, but if you're not a member of Disney Movie Rewards, go here and sign up:

http://www.disneymov...o.com/index.htm

You can then print out your $8 TS3 Blu-ray Combo Pack coupon. If you're already a member just sign in and click on the coupon banner.

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#12 of 52 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,946 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted October 29 2010 - 04:40 AM

From the ads I've seen (Target and BB), the four disc set is $24.99.  Disney has a coupon for $8 off the combo pack expiring 11/8.  It's the same as every other Disney coupon (Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story 1/2, etc.). I know there are special offers through Toys R Us with other purchases, but I'm not playing that game. 

#13 of 52 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,261 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 29 2010 - 04:54 AM

Thanks Doug & Jason! Somehow I had missed out on the DMR $8 coupon offer.  I'm on my way there now.  In fact, I had heard speculation that there would be no such coupon this time around for TS3 so I am thrilled! 

#14 of 52 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,882 posts

Posted October 29 2010 - 05:13 AM

Hmmm...  That DMR coupon must be very new.  I still haven't gotten the email for it yet -- and I usually get it about as early as anyone else near as I can tell. Thanks for the heads up. _Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#15 of 52 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,946 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted October 29 2010 - 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool [url=/forum/thread/305381/htf-blu-ray-review-toy-story-3-combo-pack#post_3745011]

_Man_

I never got an e-mail about it.  It was a link I found on another forum.

#16 of 52 ONLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,198 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 29 2010 - 05:44 AM

The coupon went live yesterday so it's brand new.   Only $8 rather than $10, but I think I've abused Disney enough over the last couple years (Up + Monsters Inc for $5 total,  Princess Pea+TS1+TS2 for $6 kind of things). I hope that Disney will eventually let us buy some sort of Toy Box to put the 3 movies in.   I don't really like the upcoming Trilogy boxset with the wagon (?).   I;d rather have a nice carboard (or better) slipcase with some nice artwork to put the 3 movies in together.  Something like the LOTR DVD Trilogy box that they sold for $5 after all the movies were released would be really nice.

#17 of 52 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,261 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 29 2010 - 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by David Norman 

I hope that Disney will eventually let us buy some sort of Toy Box to put the 3 movies in.   I don't really like the upcoming Trilogy boxset with the wagon (?).   I;d rather have a nice carboard (or better) slipcase with some nice artwork to put the 3 movies in together.  Something like the LOTR DVD Trilogy box that they sold for $5 after all the movies were released would be really nice.

+1  I'd spring for that.  That would be a nice thing for those of us who already own the BD Combo packs of TS1 & TS2.

#18 of 52 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,854 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 29 2010 - 06:15 AM

NOW there's a coupon?  Geez.  ) Mike, you should link your article in next week's Roundup thread.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#19 of 52 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

• 4,428 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted October 29 2010 - 06:31 AM

Thanks for the heads up on that coupon!  Haven't gotten the email, but went to DMR and there it was.  Now, thanks to that and the advance purchase of the steelbook at BB, I'll just have to pony up a few more bucks when I pick the set up on Tuesday.

#20 of 52 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,194 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 29 2010 - 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman [url=/forum/thread/305381/htf-blu-ray-review-toy-story-3-combo-pack#post_3745042] )

Mike, you should link your article in next week's Roundup thread.

I also didn't mention the new voice of Slinky Dog necessary since the death of Jim Varney, but Bo and Etch's absences were explained. I guess I could have said "Almost all," but I was really talking about the stars and the important supporting characters. Bo never was that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users