-

Photo
- - - - -

Any News on Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 5?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 of 31 Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,186 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted January 04 2012 - 03:15 PM

For those looking to pick up Season 5 of Alfred Hitchcock presents locally seems Best Buy isn't stocking it that I am aware of possibly Barnes & Noble, but I picked up my copy today at TARGET priced at $34.99 I know higher than amazon, but I am picky about my cardboard style cases so I didn't mind.

I know sales have probably slumped on the show since it takes a long while for each season to be released... but we only have 2 Seasons left correct?

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 LG BD550 Region Free 
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#22 of 31 Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff

Screenwriter

• 2,017 posts

Posted January 04 2012 - 04:12 PM

Yes and no. "The Alfred Hitchcock Hour" was really a continuation of the show (it's really no different than "Gunsmoke" going from a half hour to an hour in its seventh season.) So there are really five seasons to go.

#23 of 31 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,839 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 05 2012 - 12:23 AM

I don't hold much hope for Universal ever releasing the Hour episodes since each set would require 8 discs. For folks with the Encore Suspense channel, The AH Hour is currently running on there (they're into the third season already but it appears that they're going to go back through the series again) so that might be a good place to get copies in case Universal doesn't release them.

#24 of 31 Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Producer

• 4,177 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted January 05 2012 - 01:18 AM

I'm picky about my cardboard cases too, but I've always done well with these coming from Amazon (knock wood) so I've got it coming from them.  And I didn't want to sit on this one.  Not only did I want it right away, I wanted to show immediate support for its release.

#25 of 31 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,839 posts

Posted January 05 2012 - 02:03 AM

...I wanted to show immediate support for its release.

Same here. Everyone loves a deal but Universal isn't placing as much weight on sales that happen 6 months from now as they are on sales that occur in the first week.

#26 of 31 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,258 posts

Posted January 05 2012 - 03:22 AM

For all those with region-free players, Hour is available in Germany featuring English audio and digitally remastered from Koch. I don't have this release myself by the way, so I can't comment on the quality.

#27 of 31 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,092 posts

Posted January 05 2012 - 08:37 AM

I'm perfectly happy recording the uncut hours from Encore. Too bad that they now have a bug on the screen throughout and also when they put their promo on the bottom of the screen during the credits, they stopped squeezing it back thru the DVE and now they just matte it over the bottom 3rd of the picture, sometimes blocking names on the credits. That being said, I'll take them this way and if I'm still alive when Universal gets around to an official release of the hours, I'll worry about it then.

#28 of 31 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,839 posts

Posted January 05 2012 - 10:34 AM

^ The biggest problem for me is that Encore doesn't run episode 19 (To Catch A Butterfly) for some reason.

#29 of 31 Flashgear

Flashgear

Stunt Coordinator

• 116 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted January 05 2012 - 10:15 PM

[quote name="Chas in CT" url="/t/305343/any-news-on-alfred-hitchcock-presents-season-5#post_3884856"] I'm picky about my cardboard cases too, but I've always done well with these coming from Amazon (knock wood) so I've got it coming from them.  And I didn't want to sit on this one.  Not only did I want it right away, I wanted to show immediate support for its release. I'm in Canada and Amazon.ca here notified me of a delay in shipping my set...now showing feb. 10 - mar. 26...although I know that can change quickly, assuming they're just not in yet...good to know that it's at least on some shelves at Target.

#30 of 31 Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,007 posts

Posted January 06 2012 - 10:42 AM

Fans of "Dr. Kildare" should get a kick seeing Raymond Massey and Richard Chamberlain as father and son in the episode "Road Hog".

#31 of 31 TPWard

TPWard

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted January 07 2012 - 02:36 PM

I got my copy of Season 5 in the mail Friday-I am hunkering down for a marathon! Really hoping they will release the remaining half hour seasons without making us wait 2 years! Enjoying the hour shows on Encore but would definitely purchase the hour sets too(are you listening Universal?):P