Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Back to the Future 25th Anniversary Trilogy Blu-ray - Recommended

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 of 45 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,070 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 27 2012 - 08:34 AM

While it's not related to the Blu-ray, Mattel is going to release a screen accurate replica of the Hoverboard from BTTF II and III. Today is the last day for pre-order (with release planned for November/December) and it costs $120 but it's pretty darn cool looking. http://www.mattycollector.com

#42 of 45 OFFLINE   Kevin EK

Kevin EK

Screenwriter

• 2,857 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 08:40 AM

Wait, Travis, this is a Working Hoverboard?  For only $120? I'd be all over that! Sorry, couldn't resist.

#43 of 45 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,685 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 08:49 AM

Cool, surprised this wasn't done earlier. I didn't know Mattel was in the prop replica business.

#44 of 45 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,070 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 27 2012 - 08:52 AM

Wait, Travis, this is a Working Hoverboard? For only $120? I'd be all over that! Sorry, couldn't resist.

How about "screen accurate except for the floating"? :) There's some videos on Mattel's site and they say that the 'hovering' will be simulated by having those things that move heavy furniture on the bottom of the board (so most people should be able to slide around a little bit) and there will be sound effects so it makes all the noises that the board makes in the movie. Like I said, it's cool but I don't know if it's $120 cool.

#45 of 45 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,237 posts

Posted March 28 2012 - 02:57 AM

I take it POWER!!!! is optional?
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users