What's new

*** Official "PANIC ROOM" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
New trailer...it says WMP, but I got it to play in QT.
David Fincher is brilliant. While this movie is more "pure entertainment" than Fight Club, it's still VERY HIGH on my 2002 list (like, right at the top)!
Hope you enjoy...
Panic Room
Take care,
Chuck

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I wonder if the movie would have played differently had Nicole Kidman not injured herself forcing Fincher to replace her with Jodi Foster.

At least he's not using Brad Pitt in this one. I was getting sick of seeing Fincher's hard-on for him.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Great trailer. This is one of my most anticipated films of 2002 and I can't wait to see it.
At least he's not using Brad Pitt in this one. I was getting sick of seeing Fincher's hard-on for him.
Hey, don't diss Brad Pitt. :) He was pretty good in Se7en and even better in Fight Club

Travis D

Second Unit
I agree with the no dissing of the Pitt. He may be pretty, but that's the thing, he can act. But, as with Fincher, I have a heterosexual man crush on him. I wouldn't have sex with him, but if he asked me to hide a dead body I would have no problems with that.

Back to Panic Room.... (were we ever there?)

The trailer at Aint-It-Cool looks kinda neat, but I have no fucking idea what it's about. Plus that narration about "it's to keep people out," was really lame. But since I am a Fincher fanboy I will see the film and hopefully not have to try to like it. If it comes naturally, then it does.

Jacob_St

Second Unit
Not much of a trailer. It's barely five seconds long. "It's called a Panic Room and it took three months to design". That's all it is.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
There's a theatrical trailer (saw it w/ V SKY) that expands upon the ninety second trailer seen at this website. It's in an apartment that Jodie buys...it adds about 45-60 seconds of footage, and it has me even more excited to see this film:)
Good stuff...
Take care,
Chuck

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I saw the "Panic Room" trailer at the theaters yesterday, and I didn't quite get as excited as I thought I would. I'm not sure how much character development we'll be seeing in this film (wasting Jodie Foster's talents, I fear), but it does look like it'll have a nice blend of action and urgency, especially when the bad guys show up and want to get into the panic room.

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor
"But, as with Fincher, I have a heterosexual man crush on him. I wouldn't have sex with him, but if he asked me to hide a dead body I would have no problems with that."
Travis, I just about shot Mountain Dew through my nose reading that. :)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I don't mind dissing Brad Pitt. He gets very annoying. Especially during the end of Se7en when he has his gun to Kevin's head and he does that, "I'm gonna cry. I'm not gonna cry. I'm gonna cry. I'm not gonna cry" routine. I think he was good in the film in regards to the fact that I think that is what Brad Pitt really acts like: Ignorant and full of himself.
But's that my feeling... enjoy him if you must.
Also, I too love Fincher, but my heterosexual man crush is on James Spader. Don't ask.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
No "The Watcher" for me, but I still saw it... only because it was free and because James Spader was in it.

Now Stargate is a whole other issue.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
This is a must-see for me. Fincher never fails to make interesting films that are smart and usually have more than the surface reveals.

Bruce

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
That's funny, my dad's been accusing me of having a hetero man crush on Pitt for years. I remember when he saw a trailer for 'Snatch' and said "Brad Pitt fighting without a shirt on -- you are SO there!" What a punk!

I too saw the trailer before 'Vanilla Sky', and so far it falls within the Fincher pattern -- Entertaining story that anybody could direct, but would probably be crappier without Fincher at the helm, followed up by a modern masterpiece. As in: Alien3 (OK), Se7en (Masterpiece), The Game (OK), Fight Club (Masterpiece), Panic Room (looks OK).

The good news is that the next one up should be another masterpiece. Woohoo!

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
True -- I can't argue with that at all! I'll still be there opening weekend like I have for all his films!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks