Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Wow! WB to release "Classic TV Christmas Collection" on MOD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#41 of 43 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,585 posts

Posted November 09 2010 - 09:55 AM

I noticed that first thing this morning and contacted Pavan at SitcomsOnline to see if he could dig up some info.  Perhaps between him and Dave/Gord they can get some answers.  The only thing I'd wish for (but know it's a super long shot) is that it might be delayed just a bit in order for them to correct the glaring mistake of not using the first season KILDARE episode.  I'm sure that's not what is happening, but it would be my Christmas wish if there's really something happening with the set and this isn't just a system glitch.  Either that, or at least add the first season KILDARE to the set in addition to the later one they picked.

Then again, I also wish they'd reconsider including the bogus COURTSHIP OF EDDIE'S FATHER "Christmas" episode (it was no such thing).  I know many fans want to see that show on dvd, but it shouldn't be included on a Christmas set when it did NOT have a Christmas episode.

Gary "considering this set was so close to being released it is strange for it to disappear like that" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#42 of 43 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,585 posts

Posted November 09 2010 - 02:09 PM

No such luck with my wish.  The set is back up for preorder and none of the content has changed.  Sigh...  Posted Image

Gary "this set could have been so good but for a couple of poor choices by Warners" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#43 of 43 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,368 posts

Posted November 16 2010 - 12:10 AM

I have gotten another response from WB and their support team and it appears there message is scripted and does not make a lot of sense. They talk about your local distributor, MOD program is not available other then by WB. However, there has been time to time some releases have shown up on amazon.com, but thare few and far between.

My frustration led me to investor relations have in their annual report it does specified that they are looking at different ways to expand their Home Theatre area, which means probably more emphasis around MOD. However, that is good, but, it will not help them internationally. I have sent an email to investor relations area, basically mentioning that message from WB is conflicting and could have impact on their image in the marketplace.