Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Finished my room, take a look.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   t1mberwolf

t1mberwolf

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 10:15 AM

Hi guys, just wanted to thank you all for answering all my questions. Don't think this room would have turn out how I wanted it too without all the help. Sorry no before pic's or under construction if i find them i'll add. This room was a year in the making. Two bedrooms turned into one awesome Theare Room.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,721 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted October 24 2010 - 10:31 AM

Very nice. What's the room size? Screen size? Which projector?

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   t1mberwolf

t1mberwolf

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 12:06 PM

Room size is 12 x 24 feet, screen is a little over 8 feet wide (screen goo systems), Panasonic AE3000 projector, Pioneer Sc 07 Elite Reciever, Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC390 center, ADP390 x 4 surrounds, DSP 3400 Sub. Playstation 3. Love the whole works would recommend this set up to anyone. Oh ya one more thing, switched my lights to led it's a much softer light ( love it ). If you have flood lights try switching them over you won't go back.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Bobofbone

Bobofbone

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 05:15 PM

Very nice. Mine won't be done for some time. The LED lights sound like a good idea. My guess is that they don't give off much heat, and a sealed fixture that reduces sound transmission shouldn't be a problem.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   chuckg

chuckg

Supporting Actor

• 917 posts

Posted October 28 2010 - 07:55 AM

Very nice!!  the deco door treatment really sets it off.  Are your LED lights controlled by a standard dimmer, or is the dimmer a special one?  I have recessed cans, and would love to get rid of the incandescent lights.
--ignore the man behind the curtain

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   megous0002

megous0002

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 29 2010 - 09:41 PM

hi i am nipun and these rooms are looking very nice

Selling Gold For Cash

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,110 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted October 30 2010 - 07:50 AM

It turned out very nice?  I second the comments about the art deco.  I like how the carpet and the wall treatments tie in as well.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   t1mberwolf

t1mberwolf

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted October 30 2010 - 10:34 PM

The LED lights are on a stanard dimmer. The only problem is the LED's seem to only have 3 settings on the dimmer, which does not bug me that much. Don't know if you can get special dimmers for LED's or not.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,188 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted October 31 2010 - 12:45 AM

Very nice. I have a Pioneer Elite the SC-05 and love it. Also, really like the Panasonic AE 3000 projector. If I were going to be picking up a front projection it would be in my top 3. Screen Goo is killer. What material did you use to apply the Screen Goo to? I know there are dimmable LEDs. I think it would be cool to have them hooked up to something like an X10 system that you could dim them remotely. Good idea to include them in your theater as they will give you great light in the room but without all the heat. Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   t1mberwolf

t1mberwolf

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted November 02 2010 - 09:30 AM

Applied the Screen Goo right to the drywall. Ran out of money but remote lighting will be my next purchase. Using a harmony remote which i love just wish they had blue tooth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users