What's new

Ok hows it done? (1 Viewer)

AaronPo

Grip
Real Name
Aaron Porter
So I finally built a custom sub for my home theatre (DB10 Titanic, custom configured by RobertJ), How on earth do I set my speakers to "small"?? I was admitedly up to late configuring the new setup with audeyssey, but I cant find how to do this. Please help!

The reciever is an Onkyo TxSR606

Thanks!

Aaron

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Aaron,

Check page 72 of your manual. It's a bit tricky, as some manuals have stopped using the "Large/Small" desgination in favor of "Full Range/crossover frequency".

I'm sure Robert will jump in with a recommendation on what the optimal crossover should be for your system (you could probably start in the 80-120Hz range).

Nice job, by the way. I've never built my own speaker, but from what I've read on the forum, you won't be disappointed with the results!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I always start with 80hz and go from there. My current speakers can play lower so I think my subs are crossed over at 65hz. My new speakers don't play that low so I will probably end up at 80hz. It really depends on your speakers, sub and room interaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks