• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#21 of 171 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,507 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 21 2011 - 05:03 AM

Much as I despise Iron Man 2, I have to agree that the Spidey Strut was worse than Drunken Downey.

(Spidey 3 was pretty lame too, but the Sandman storyline was better than anything in IM2.)

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#22 of 171 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted February 25 2011 - 09:21 PM

http://latimesblogs....miserables.html

Hmm interesting indeed

Perhaps the most interesting offer that we've heard about? It comes from Marvel and involves some shiny gizmos. According to a person who has worked closely with Hooper but who asked not to be identified because the director did not authorize this person to speak on his behalf, the Brit was offered the director's chair on "Iron Man 3," the latest installment in the Robert Downey Jr. franchise. He turned it down, and "Lethal Weapon" writer Shane Black wound up landing the job several weeks ago.

Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#23 of 171 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,203 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted March 07 2011 - 05:24 AM

Shane Black Confirms He'll be Writing Iron Man 3 as Well

Black: "Iron Man 3 will not be another 'two men in iron suits fighting each other' film. Instead, it will be more like a Tom Clancy-thriller, with Iron Man fighting real world villians."

I'm officially psyched. Loved the first film, enjoyed the second one considerably more than most did, and absolutely adored Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

#24 of 171 ONLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,702 posts

Posted March 07 2011 - 06:34 AM

Adam - that about sums up my feelings exactly!

Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt 

I'm officially psyched. Loved the first film, enjoyed the second one considerably more than most did, and absolutely adored Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#25 of 171 OFFLINE   Brian Borst

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted March 08 2011 - 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt 

Shane Black Confirms He'll be Writing Iron Man 3 as Well

Black: "Iron Man 3 will not be another 'two men in iron suits fighting each other' film. Instead, it will be more like a Tom Clancy-thriller, with Iron Man fighting real world villians."

Well, that means it will already have an advantage over the other two movies. I thought the first one was very good, but Iron Man II was rubbish. From Mr. Black I only know The Long Kiss Goodnight and Last Action Hero, which, I assume, aren't the highlights of his career. I'm definitely interested, though.

Never go out with anyone who thinks Fellini is a type of cheese

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection

#26 of 171 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,896 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted March 08 2011 - 07:10 AM

Chalk me up as another one who liked the first film and not the second. The second one smacked of everyone being too cock-sure about themselves instead of making a good movie. It's the same gripe I have with the "Pirates Of The Caribbean" films. Instead of having solid stories for the characters to play in, they concentrated on molding the story so the characters could have moments. It never works out when they do that.

That said, Iron Man 3 sounds pretty great if Black is allowed to pull this off. It doesn't sound like the type of film that lends itself to merchandising and Iron Man is officially a cash cow franchise. Studio interference might kill this one before a frame is shot.

I only know The Long Kiss Goodnight and Last Action Hero, which, I assume, aren't the highlights of his career. I'm definitely interested, though.

"The Long Kiss Goodnight" was pretty great, but I'd argue that "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" is the best film RDJ (and Val Kilmer...) has done in the past 10 years. It's pretty near perfect.

#27 of 171 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,646 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 09 2011 - 01:44 AM

What's funny about Black is that he went from telling Billy in the film "Predator" how big his girlfriend's

pussy is

to writing the Lethal Weapon movies and directing films. Posted Image

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#28 of 171 OFFLINE   Don Solosan

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor

• 748 posts

Posted March 09 2011 - 02:41 AM

Actually, he wrote Lethal Weapon first...

#29 of 171 OFFLINE   Shane D

Shane D

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted March 09 2011 - 02:58 AM

i read somewhere he was sent on the predator shoot to keep one of the actors in line and be there if he started acting crazy and that was the only reason he actually had a part in the movie'

edit: i remebered it wrong. here is what i found on wikipedia:

As a favor to the writer of Joel Silver's blockbuster Lethal Weapon, the studio hired screenplay writer Shane Black not only to play a supporting role in the film, but also to keep an eye on McTiernan due to the director's inexperience.

#30 of 171 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,646 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 09 2011 - 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Don Solosan 

Actually, he wrote Lethal Weapon first...

Yeah the first film, but my version of his history reads better.

Crawdaddy

#31 of 171 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,646 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 09 2011 - 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Shane D 

i read somewhere he was sent on the predator shoot to keep one of the actors in line and be there if he started acting crazy and that was the only reason he actually had a part in the movie'

edit: i remebered it wrong. here is what i found on wikipedia:

As a favor to the writer of Joel Silver's blockbuster Lethal Weapon, the studio hired screenplay writer Shane Black not only to play a supporting role in the film, but also to keep an eye on McTiernan due to the director's inexperience.

Based on their long history Lethal Weapon films, Predator and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang you can safely assume that Black and Silver are friends.

Crawdaddy

#32 of 171 OFFLINE   Don Solosan

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor

• 748 posts

Posted March 09 2011 - 05:24 PM

Robert Crawford's post:

"Based on a true story"

*some scenes have been fictionalized for the sake of drama.

#33 of 171 OFFLINE   Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs

Supporting Actor

• 857 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted March 10 2011 - 07:29 AM

yeah, KKBB was pretty good.  I'm all for this new direction.

#34 of 171 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted July 01 2011 - 09:32 AM

Here is more news about the 3rd installment http://cl.ly/1g0x2x220K290a0u1m42

And how will it escape the same unfocused fate of IRON MAN 2? "The first step in avoiding that was hiring Joss [Whedon, writer-director]," Feige says. "If you look at his body of work, he regularly writes for lots of characters. ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ may be called ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer,’ but it’s really an ensemble piece and none of the characters ever get lost in the spectacle of whatever is going on." (Whedon also successfully juggled numerous characters on "Angel" and "Firefly", and in his "Astonishing X-Men" comic run.) "The stuff we’ve shot [so far on THE AVENGERS] is cutting together spectacularly and it’s just the character interactions that we’ve done so far—we haven’t shot much of the action sequences yet. I think the end result is going to feel very, very satisfying."

#35 of 171 OFFLINE   Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter

• 1,494 posts

Posted July 05 2011 - 01:55 AM

I'm just glad that they're getting away from the villain being another iron suit. If there's a weakness in the current slate of Marvel movies it's their tendency for the main bad guy to simply be an evil version of the hero (Spidey 3, Iron Man 1&2, The Incredible Hulk all suffered from this, Thor managed to skirt the line while not stepping over it). Having someone else as the antagonist offers a lot more room to explore the characters (The Joker in Dark Knight is far more interesting because he's Batman's ideological opposite, not merely his evil twin).

#36 of 171 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted September 22 2011 - 11:13 PM

http://www.latinorev...-carolina-14833

it's 90% likely that Iron Man's next Avenger-less outing will be shot in the Port City of Wilmington, North Carolina. It's said to be a massive affair with Marvel taking over 10 sound stages at Screen Gems studios. Sets are likely being built now as production crews have been spotted over the past week. Once the sets are completed this upcoming May, shooting will commence until June.

#37 of 171 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted January 28 2012 - 12:05 PM

http://comicbook.com...-than-expected/ awesome

#38 of 171 OFFLINE   dmiller68

dmiller68

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted January 28 2012 - 03:39 PM

While I agree with Ironman 2 issues (I hated the drunk party) I'm excited for the 3rd movie. I have been working my way through the superhero movies again.

Equipment: Panasonic TC-P65VT25, Panasonic DMP-BDT100, Pioneer Elite SC-37, TiVo Premiere XL, Limited Edition MW3 XBOX 360s with Kinect, Apple TV
Speakers: Definitive Technology Mythos XTR60 (3), Definitive Technology Mythos XTR20BP (4), Definitive Technology SuperCube II

#39 of 171 OFFLINE   Brett_M

Brett_M

Screenwriter

• 1,310 posts
  • LocationMos Eisley Spaceport

Posted February 09 2012 - 04:53 AM

Well, that means it will already have an advantage over the other two movies. I thought the first one was very good, but Iron Man II was rubbish. From Mr. Black I only know The Long Kiss Goodnight and Last Action Hero, which, I assume, aren't the highlights of his career. I'm definitely interested, though.

You need to see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Awesome movie.
Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it meant to roast in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.

#40 of 171 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 06:34 AM

http://www.darkhoriz...n-man-3-villain Interesting choice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users