Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Favorite Halloween tv special or episode NOT out on DVD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts

Posted October 18 2010 - 09:09 PM

Dear Guys;

As Halloween gets closer and I should try to watch a seasonal movie or tv special, I've been thinking what scarey movie, tv movie or series episode hasn't made it out on DVD, VHS or hasn't been shown in years?

I have to admit I'd like to see A Cold Night's Death, a tv movie from the early seventies with Robert Culp.

In the meantime, I should beak out the Frankeinstein: The True Story and the Paul Lynde Halloween special that I haven't seen yet.

JThree

#2 of 14 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,187 posts

Posted October 18 2010 - 11:39 PM

Ghost Story/Circle of Fear

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

The Sixth Sense

Tales of the Unexpected

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 33,619( 727 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,363   :B)  Serial Chapters - 1,102 :B)

#3 of 14 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,485 posts

Posted October 19 2010 - 03:49 AM

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1980 TV-movie adaptation starring Jeff Goldblum as Ichabod Crane and Dick Butkus as Brom Bones)

#4 of 14 Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,045 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted October 19 2010 - 04:07 AM

I'm jumping in unprepared, but what I'd love to find is any number of old Halloween specials from the likes of Jack Benny and other variety shows, some of the sitcoms, and someone just recommended I try to find the "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" or "Rip Van Winkle" episodes of the Shirley Temple Theatre which I don't even remember seeing at all.

#5 of 14 Tory

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

• 1,300 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 19 2010 - 04:01 PM

I'm for anything Jack Benny related. Why not a massive PD set of Halloween themed episodes and specials?

http://surfcanyon.com/favicon.icohttp://www.google.com/favicon.icoPosted Imagehttp://ff.duckduckgo.com/favicon.ico

Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#6 of 14 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted October 19 2010 - 06:29 PM

Raggedy Ann and Andy and the Pumpkin Who Couldn't Smile

#7 of 14 Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,045 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted October 20 2010 - 12:42 AM

This is odd -- I seem to have typed Jack Benny while thinking Bing Crosby.  Surely not a sign of age, probably need to have my computer adjusted.  Anyway, a perfectly fine mistake.  Let's have both, please.

#8 of 14 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,199 posts

Posted October 20 2010 - 12:49 AM

I still love the peanuts' halloween special. I think there were some cartoons like Fat Albert that actually did their own halloween special. I also like the Highway to Heaven episode which was like a halloween special.

The simpsons have had some some good episodes, but, i think it has been over kill with that show with so many episodes on halloween.

#9 of 14 FrancisP

FrancisP

Screenwriter

• 1,105 posts

Posted October 21 2010 - 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by JamesSmith 

Dear Guys;

As Halloween gets closer and I should try to watch a seasonal movie or tv special, I've been thinking what scarey movie, tv movie or series episode hasn't made it out on DVD, VHS or hasn't been shown in years?

I have to admit I'd like to see A Cold Night's Death, a tv movie from the early seventies with Robert Culp.

In the meantime, I should beak out the Frankeinstein: The True Story and the Paul Lynde Halloween special that I haven't seen yet.

JThree

There were so many tv movies that I would love. Spectre, Satan's Triangle, Moon of the Wolf, The Cat Creature and Horror at 37,000 Feet to name a few. The only thing that I would be afraid of is the fact that some of the ABC movies were shot in videotape. With videotape, you are stuck with whateer the quality of the tape is.

#10 of 14 pghjerry

pghjerry

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted October 22 2010 - 10:24 AM

"Witch's Night Out" with it's 70's art style vibe.

#11 of 14 Brett*H

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator

• 203 posts

Posted October 25 2010 - 10:06 AM

Most of my favorite Halloween episodes are already out on DVD and we have them in our collection.

We really enjoy the "Bewitched" Halloween episodes every year. They always put us in the seasonal mood after watching them.

Also, as someone has already mentioned, the "Paul Lynde Halloween Special" is a fun and nostalgic blast from the past.

The one episode from a TV series that is not yet out on DVD that has for some reason stuck in my memory over the years is "Nanny and Her Witch's Brew" from "Nanny and the Professor" which ran on ABC from 1970-1971. It didn't air on Halloween but was broadcast on November 1, 1971 which was close enough to qualify it as a Halloween episode.

Would definitely like to see this series released on DVD before I die.  Posted Image

#12 of 14 Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted October 31 2010 - 06:38 PM

Charles Dickens' Ghost Stories from The Pickwick Papers,

Disney's Donald's Scary Tales (Vol. 13) and Halloween Haunts (Vol. 14),

Disney's Halloween Treat,

and Disney's greatest Halloween Masterpiece was with Johnathan Winters playing the dual role of the Disney security guard and The Pumpkin in the Crystal Ball.

I really wish Disney would release all their Halloween shows on dvd (excepting the Johnathan Winters episode they're on VHS but command high prices for used copies on eBay) and whoever owns the rights to Dickens' Ghost Stories would release it as well.

Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."

#13 of 14 Kirk76

Kirk76

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted November 03 2010 - 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Will_C 

Charles Dickens' Ghost Stories from The Pickwick Papers,

Disney's Donald's Scary Tales (Vol. 13) and Halloween Haunts (Vol. 14),

Disney's Halloween Treat,

and Disney's greatest Halloween Masterpiece was with Johnathan Winters playing the dual role of the Disney security guard and The Pumpkin in the Crystal Ball.

I really wish Disney would release all their Halloween shows on dvd (excepting the Johnathan Winters episode they're on VHS but command high prices for used copies on eBay) and whoever owns the rights to Dickens' Ghost Stories would release it as well.

I agree and would add:

Child Of Glass - 1978

Mr. Boogedy - 1986

Bride Of Boogedy - 1987

#14 of 14 DeltonP

DeltonP

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 02 2012 - 02:16 PM

Not sure if it was a Halloween TV special, but I'm pretty sure it was one of the old ABC Mystery Movies - "Satan's Triangle" starring Doug McClure and Kim Novac. I was quite lucky to find a VHS copy of it some years ago as it aired during one of the first years of Sci-Fy, and bumped it up to a DVD for myself. It isn't the best quality, but I loved this movie and would be thrilled to see a proper DVD release in whatever quality it could be produced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users