-

Photo
- - - - -

Wii Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   crossing23

crossing23

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted October 16 2010 - 12:26 AM

Here is what I have:

Panasonic  TH58PZ7000

Motorola DCT6412

Sony Blue ray BDPS300

Bose V20

I have just purchased a WII system, mainly for Netflix Movies.

Could someone tell me in simple language how to hook up the Wii so the sound goes thru my Bose System?

I have no idea what I am doing, so I really need it spelled out for me!

Marilyn

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,242 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted October 16 2010 - 03:10 AM

First, are the other components already connected, and if so, how are they connected to the Bose?

Secondly, the Wii is a standard definition gaming system, so Netflix is not going to look very good on your HDTV. If you want Netflix with HD video and 5.1 surround, the only option is, starting on 10/18, the PS3.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   chuckg

chuckg

Supporting Actor

• 917 posts

Posted October 18 2010 - 07:38 AM

Netflix is going to have surround sound????  SWEEEEET.

Doesn't your Sony BD player do netflix?  One of these days I'm sure my washing machine will even get a Netflix app - they have it in everything else!

And to answer yur actual question:  the Wii will just have the usual red-white-yellow cables with RCA plugs.  Red and White are left and right audio, which you'd plug in to similar sockets on your Bose system.  If you have no room left, you'll need to get a switcher or just swap cables back and forth.  the yellow plug is your composite video for the TV.

--ignore the man behind the curtain

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 4,007 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted November 01 2010 - 05:49 AM

You can get component cables for the Wii, as it does support a 480p signal, but that's as good as it'll get. Surround, at best, will be Dolby Pro Logic.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert