Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Legends of the Super-Heroes - Something's "off" on the packaging....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 02:02 PM

http://www.tvshowson...s-Box-Art/14561

Notice that picture of Batman and Robin looks a little fuzzy,less sharp than the other images (Clearly frame grabs)

It's because it's a composite from TWO different cast publicity photos blow-up to match!

Adam is taken from an outdoor two-shot of him and Burt,and

Burt is taken from the group cast photo!

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,993 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted October 16 2010 - 01:59 AM

Yeah, I have a glossy print of the cast shot with Burt in that pose (that I got from Still Things a long time ago--along with some others--to make a custom box for my unofficial VHS recording). You'd think if they didn't have access to the original transparencies (and a high-quality scanner) that they would have just kept it simple and given us the full cast shot instead as one dominant image, which would have probably looked better anyway, given that they appear to have little access to actual publicity stills (I know of about a dozen or so).

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Claude North

Claude North

Second Unit

• 325 posts

Posted October 16 2010 - 09:38 AM

I'm just glad to see this thing being made available.  I was in grade school when this aired and I still remember how disappointed I was when I discovered that it was a comedy and not a serious action special.  But it always stayed with me, so I'll definitely pick up a copy just because it is such an odd chapter in the DC Universe's television history.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted October 16 2010 - 09:58 AM

I remember being annoyed that they had Hawkman just make bird noises.

This might represent the complete low point for the DC Comics universe

come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,993 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted October 16 2010 - 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Claude North 

I'm just glad to see this thing being made available.  I was in grade school when this aired and I still remember how disappointed I was when I discovered that it was a comedy and not a serious action special.  But it always stayed with me, so I'll definitely pick up a copy just because it is such an odd chapter in the DC Universe's television history.

I remember being very, very disappointed when I saw that full-page ad in TV Guide and seeing that my local affiliate was the only one of the three in the guide to not air 'The Challenge'! It wasn't until I picked up a bootleg in the mid-90s that I got to see that first installment (my station did show 'The Roast', however).