Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Murder, He Says on TCM tonight!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,785 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 14 2010 - 01:47 AM

A great comedy "Murder, He Says" is being broadcast tonight on Turner Classic Movies at 10:00 p.m. ET.  This movie has been rarely shown over the last several years. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   ChuckWL

ChuckWL

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 12:32 AM

Robert, this is not available on Dvd, correct? I set my DVR and thank you for the heads up!

Sarah

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,785 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 15 2010 - 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by ChuckWL 

Robert, this is not available on Dvd, correct? I set my DVR and thank you for the heads up!

Sarah

Right, it isn't available on DVD which is why I gave this heads up.  Also, last night was the first time it was shown on TCM.  I haven't seen this film in many years and have been trying to do so for a long time.  I made a DVR-R of it too.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 855 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 03:26 AM

Hi Crawdaddy,

I want to thank you for the heads-up, too.  I have the film saved on my TIVO; I'll make the DVD-R later.

Your heads-up helped me avoid "Murphy's Law".  Normally, I'll read about a film here after it has already aired, add it to my TIVO wish list, and wait for seemingly months & months for another airing.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,120 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 05:13 AM

I was released on VHS Fun Film.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald

Screenwriter

• 1,670 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 08:00 AM

By all rights, seeing that they have a good print of this Paramount film owned by Universal, they should release this as a solo TCM Vault Collection title (on a pressed DVD), as they've already done with REMEMBER THE NIGHT... especially since its so highly regarded, and got --according to Robert Osbourne himself, in the intro segment-- such a great reaction (from a crowded screening) at the recent TCM Classic Film Festival. Anyway, I've got my DVD-R copy now, just in case the above scenario doesn't happen.

My Current Damage at DVD Aficionado

Wanted in R1: UNEARTHLY STRANGER ('63) / IF I HAD A MILLION ('32) / THE FACE BEHIND THE MASK ('41) / IT CONQUERED THE WORLD ('56) / TERROR ABOARD ('33) / DANGER ROUTE ('68) / THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM ('68) / GUNN ('67) / ZOO IN BUDAPEST ('33) / THE SEA WOLF ('41) / DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS ('63, restored) / ALAKAZAM THE GREAT ('60) / DARKER THAN AMBER ('70) / THEY WON'T BELIEVE ME ('47) / CROSSWINDS ('51) / JIVARO ('54)

Wanted TV-on-DVD: T.H.E. CAT (1966-67) / SUSPICION (1957-58) / WAY OUT (1961) / ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65) / PANIC! (1957-58) / CORONET BLUE (1965) / DRAGNET ('50s) / NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN (1968) / BUS STOP (1961-62) / THE WESTERNER (1960) / THE IMMORTAL (1970) / BLUE LIGHT (1966) / TERRIERS (2010) / THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS (1966)

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   ChuckWL

ChuckWL

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Crawford 

A great comedy "Murder, He Says" is being broadcast tonight on Turner Classic Movies at 10:00 p.m. ET.  This movie has been rarely shown over the last several years.

Crawdaddy

Thanks again Robert this was a real treat!

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   cadavra

cadavra

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted October 16 2010 - 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Peter M Fitzgerald 

By all rights, seeing that they have a good print of this Paramount film owned by Universal, they should release this as a solo TCM Vault Collection title (on a pressed DVD), as they've already done with REMEMBER THE NIGHT... especially since its so highly regarded, and got --according to Robert Osbourne himself, in the intro segment-- such a great reaction (from a crowded screening) at the recent TCM Classic Film Festival.

Anyway, I've got my DVD-R copy now, just in case the above scenario doesn't happen.

Given that Universal has a ton of excellent MacMurray Paramount vehicles, it would make much more sense for them to do a boxed set. He still has tons of fans just from MY THREE SONS and his Disney pictures.

Mike S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users