Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Murder, He Says on TCM tonight!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,847 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 14 2010 - 01:47 AM

A great comedy "Murder, He Says" is being broadcast tonight on Turner Classic Movies at 10:00 p.m. ET.  This movie has been rarely shown over the last several years.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   ChuckWL

ChuckWL

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 12:32 AM

Robert, this is not available on Dvd, correct? I set my DVR and thank you for the heads up!

Sarah

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,847 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 15 2010 - 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by ChuckWL 

Robert, this is not available on Dvd, correct? I set my DVR and thank you for the heads up!

Sarah

Right, it isn't available on DVD which is why I gave this heads up.  Also, last night was the first time it was shown on TCM.  I haven't seen this film in many years and have been trying to do so for a long time.  I made a DVR-R of it too.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 761 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 03:26 AM

Hi Crawdaddy,

I want to thank you for the heads-up, too.  I have the film saved on my TIVO; I'll make the DVD-R later.

Your heads-up helped me avoid "Murphy's Law".  Normally, I'll read about a film here after it has already aired, add it to my TIVO wish list, and wait for seemingly months & months for another airing.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,995 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 05:13 AM

I was released on VHS Posted Image Fun Film.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald

Screenwriter

• 1,634 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 08:00 AM

By all rights, seeing that they have a good print of this Paramount film owned by Universal, they should release this as a solo TCM Vault Collection title (on a pressed DVD), as they've already done with REMEMBER THE NIGHT... especially since its so highly regarded, and got --according to Robert Osbourne himself, in the intro segment-- such a great reaction (from a crowded screening) at the recent TCM Classic Film Festival.

Anyway, I've got my DVD-R copy now, just in case the above scenario doesn't happen.

My Current Damage at DVD Aficionado

Wanted in R1: UNEARTHLY STRANGER ('63) / IF I HAD A MILLION ('32) / THE FACE BEHIND THE MASK ('41) / IT CONQUERED THE WORLD ('56) / TERROR ABOARD ('33) / DANGER ROUTE ('68) / THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM ('68) / GUNN ('67) / ZOO IN BUDAPEST ('33) / THE SEA WOLF ('41) / DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS ('63, restored) / ALAKAZAM THE GREAT ('60) / DARKER THAN AMBER ('70) / THEY WON'T BELIEVE ME ('47) / CROSSWINDS ('51) / JIVARO ('54)

Wanted TV-on-DVD: T.H.E. CAT (1966-67) / SUSPICION (1957-58) / WAY OUT (1961) / ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65) / PANIC! (1957-58) / CORONET BLUE (1965) / DRAGNET ('50s) / NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN (1968) / BUS STOP (1961-62) / THE WESTERNER (1960) / THE IMMORTAL (1970) / BLUE LIGHT (1966) / TERRIERS (2010) / THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS (1966)

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   ChuckWL

ChuckWL

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Crawford 

A great comedy "Murder, He Says" is being broadcast tonight on Turner Classic Movies at 10:00 p.m. ET.  This movie has been rarely shown over the last several years.

Crawdaddy

Thanks again Robert this was a real treat!

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   cadavra

cadavra

Stunt Coordinator

• 157 posts

Posted October 16 2010 - 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Peter M Fitzgerald 

By all rights, seeing that they have a good print of this Paramount film owned by Universal, they should release this as a solo TCM Vault Collection title (on a pressed DVD), as they've already done with REMEMBER THE NIGHT... especially since its so highly regarded, and got --according to Robert Osbourne himself, in the intro segment-- such a great reaction (from a crowded screening) at the recent TCM Classic Film Festival.

Anyway, I've got my DVD-R copy now, just in case the above scenario doesn't happen.

Given that Universal has a ton of excellent MacMurray Paramount vehicles, it would make much more sense for them to do a boxed set. He still has tons of fans just from MY THREE SONS and his Disney pictures.

Mike S.