Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

projector choice HELP!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 eraserpbt

eraserpbt

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 11 2010 - 03:22 PM

hI, I'm new to all this and I need some help.  I'm looking to set up a movie screen outside.  It will probably get used very little.  I definately want to go as cheap as possible.   I see projectors priced from 150.00  all the way up to taking a second on your mortgage.  I'm going to end up with the projector approx  14 feet from the screen. What do I look for in purchasing a projector. It will be used very little. So I'm lost as far as throw, brightness, bells and whistles.  etc. Help!

#2 of 5 brentl

brentl

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted October 17 2010 - 03:34 AM

Look at something ike the Optoma HD-60, it's only a 720P projectore but it's around $600, if you feel the need, hop up to the hd-66, it's 1080P for about a $1000, but you aren't watching it in a critical fashion the hd-60 would save you $400.

Brent

#3 of 5 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted October 17 2010 - 12:09 PM

I think Brent meant the HD65, around $600. And the HD66 is not 1080p, it's a 720p projector. I think the HD66 is about $700.

What is your budget for projector? Do you have a receiver and speakers for sound?

#4 of 5 brentl

brentl

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted October 18 2010 - 12:19 PM

Sorry, I should never go by memory:)

Sorry, HD20 is more like it!

Brent

#5 of 5 ProjectorPPL1

ProjectorPPL1

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted October 19 2010 - 07:37 AM

Hi eraserpbt!

We recently put together a Home Theater Projector Cheat Sheet to help customers find the perfect home theater projector. We go in to the four specs beginners should pay attention to: brightness, contrast ratio, display type and resolution. We also tell you how to get the best price on your purchase. You can check it out here: http://www.projector...rcheatsheet.asp

As for recommendations, Epson has just released several high quality home theater projectors at a range of prices, from $649 and up. On the lower-priced end, the Epson MovieMate 62 includes a built-in DVD player and speakers, so you won't have to worry about lugging extra equipment outside.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Helen Anne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users