Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hill Street Blues Seasons 3-7??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Brandon_D

Brandon_D

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted October 05 2010 - 12:55 PM

To me, this is one of the greatest insults in the entire TV on DVD world to not have this complete show out. Fox obviously does not understand tv history enough to release this landmark show in its entirety. Hopefully Shout Factory will rescue it,

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 766 posts

Posted October 05 2010 - 01:07 PM

//rant on//

What I don't get at this point is why the studios are not re-evaluating the market, and looking for a model that would work

for complete series releases.   Obviously the market is not willing to pay $40 or so for each season, so it's time to figure

something else out.  Half season sets were a stupid idea, fans are supposed to collect a series like Love Boat on half season

sets over a ten year period?   The attention span of the market isn't that long.   Do they think the DVD will be forever the

format?   The window is closing.   If the companies are going to sell physical sets in the next few years, they need to

get some complete box sets into the marketplace soon, or it's going to be over, not a big enough market is going to be

left to care what they do at that point.   What's the alternative, release nothing?   Doesn't seem like a business can exist

by selling nothing.  If they can't sell sets for $40 a season, is the only alternative to leave it in the vault?

//rant off//

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted October 06 2010 - 02:40 AM

I would gladly double-dip on the first two seasons in order to get a 'complete series' release.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted October 06 2010 - 04:01 AM

Same here.  I want more of this show on DVD.  Not interested in any streaming/downloading formats.

Maybe we'll see a MOD release soon.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,314 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted October 06 2010 - 01:38 PM

There was a lot of Fox material coming from Shout! but it seems to have ground to a halt.

This needs to be, and deserves, a complete set. St. Elsewhere, too. Those two shows should have a constitutional right to be on DVD in their entirety.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.