Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

data encryption with datalock

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   cs0khunter82

cs0khunter82

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted October 05 2010 - 11:56 AM

I am using my laptop to do some video editing, and I was wondering if laptop encryption programs like ZoneAlarm Datalock, really protect the data and files on your laptop from a thief being able to access the data and use it for id thief or put it on the web for all to download?

I am traveling more, and if my laptop gets stolen, I don’t want my data to be readable. I think ZoneAlarms Datalock laptop data encryption software, looks like it does that:

http://www.zonealarm...m-data-lock.htm

It does a pre-boot authentication with a password, to prevent access to boot anything. This seems to be a general deterrent for non-technical users, correct?

Still, Datalock encrypts all the data going on the hard drive, so it they can read the drive, they can’t decode the encryption, correct?

What kind of encryption does Datalock use? Is it strong or maybe unbreakable is a better word?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users