What's new

"Arsenic & Old Lace" Nov 9, 2010 re-release? (1 Viewer)

MadMikeyD

Grip
Real Name
Michael Dean
Amazon.com is listing Frank Capra's "Arsenic and Old Lace" as a pre-order for Nov 9. No other details are available. I can't find any information anywhere else. Does anyone know anything about it? I don't own it yet, so I wonder if it will have any new bonus material (but I kind of doubt it). I do want to get a stand alone copy to add to my Frank Capra collection instead of the TCM Classic Comedy set.

http://www.amazon.com/Arsenic-Old-Lace-Cary-Grant/dp/B0045HCJHG/ref=sr_1_6?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1286215100&sr=1-6

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
It's being re-released in new keepcase packaging as it was only previously available in a snapper. Several other Warner catalog titles are being re-released for this reason on the same day.

MadMikeyD

Grip
Real Name
Michael Dean
Well, at least it will be more readily available again. I think they could've chosen better cover art, though. Between this and the "Meet John Doe" 70th Anniversary Edition, I should have all my favorite Capra movies by Christmas, as those are the two glaring omissions in my collection.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
That certainly seems odd. Did Warner lose the rights to this? That's the only way I can see something like that happening.

MadMikeyD

Grip
Real Name
Michael Dean
Warner is releasing it. I'm hoping it's just an error and this is the original b&w version.

MadMikeyD

Grip
Real Name
Michael Dean
Barnes & Noble's website has a picture of the back cover of the DVD. The back cover shows that it is in black & white. Whew!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks