-

Photo
- - - - -

MARANTZ SR8002 & CERWIN VEGA XLS 15 - CONFIGURATION HELP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   remasundar

remasundar

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted October 03 2010 - 05:31 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum.  I just bought Marantz SR8002 from Amazon.  Also I just ordered 2 Cerwin Vega XLS-15 from Thunder Audio Video and awaiting for the delivery. I visited few times to best buy and listend music from tower speakers and I dont like it.  I read reviews of Cerwin Vega's and seems like it fit in my taste and budget.  These are primarily for music (CD) and not for surround system.

I used to have Technique amp and floor speakers & Sansui amp and floor speakers in India (20 years back).  Now in living room I have Sony surround system for my Samsung 52", PS3, Dish & Blue ray player.  I am happy with those settings and I dont want to change it.

I want to connect Marantz SR8002 and Cerwin Vega speakers in my game room with JVC 47" and JVC Blue-ray player.

Question 1: I read Cerwin Vega speakers has more output (200 Watts RMS- and these speakers will give good music only when it is loud -  I want to watch it loud), but Marantz has 125 Watts per 7.1 channel.  All I want to know is if I put Marantz in Stereo mode do I get more than 125 watts per channel from Marantz ?    If any one tried this combination, please share your experience.

Question 2: Also If need to add pre-amp or a good CD player or anything else please let me know (I dont know anything about pre-amp).  Also please let me now what are all the other things I need to buy to connect like wires etc..to get maximum good music from those.

Thanks in advance.

Sundar C.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,708 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted October 03 2010 - 06:21 PM

Ultimate A/V magazine tested the 8002 and found it put out 187 wpc in stereo mode @ .1 % thd (109 x 5). With CV speakers being very efficient I don't think you'll have any problem playing your music very loud. And that 200 wpc rating on those CV speakers is more of a guidline than anything else. Giving them good, clean power is more important than actual wattage numbers.

"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   remasundar

remasundar

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted October 04 2010 - 01:11 AM

Great.  It is an happy answer for me.

Thanks again.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   remasundar

remasundar

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted October 11 2010 - 06:45 AM

Update as of 10-11-2010.

Hooked Marantz 8002 with cerwin-vega xls 15.  In Stereo mode the combination of Marantz & Cerwin vega is AWSOME.

Whole Sunday played all my favorite songs and enjoyed very very much. When it is little loud it working very fine.  I keep volume level 0 - and I cant increase any more cause I cant stand nearby (it can go upto +18).

Also watched Avathar in DTS stereo mode and it is - AMAZING.

Thanks guys.

Sundar C.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Brian T. Deveau

Brian T. Deveau

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 12 2011 - 05:11 AM

Having difficulty accessing the menu for TV display to tweak set-up options.  TV is HDMI 1, and I have programmed that in; but I cannot access it through remote or front manual manipulations.  Any thoughts?

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   RAMESH PAREKH

RAMESH PAREKH

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 24 2011 - 04:59 AM

DEAR SIR CAN U LET ME KNOW WHERE CAN I BUY CERWIN WEGA XLS 15 SPEAKERS IN INDIA, AS I HAVE NAD 2700 POWER AND PRE 1540 ,AND I AM LOOKING FOR CARWIN VEGA XLS 15 SPEAKERS TO MEET MY REQUIREMENT. PLS LET ME KNOW WHERE I CAN GET IT IN INDIA. OR HOW ANDWHERE YOU BUY. MY EMAIL ADD ; mayur324@yahoo.com and my cell no. 0091 98211 37065 thanks awaitingto hear from you soon regards RAMESH PAEKH

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,640 posts

Posted July 24 2011 - 06:51 AM

Hello Ramesh,

Welcome to the forum.

Are you comfortable with an openly visible e-mail address and your cell-phone number on the web?

My suggestion would be that you edit it out and only reveal it to someone who contacts you through a Personal Message or through your hidden e-mail address on the forum.

Cees

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Domen Excision

Domen Excision

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 11 2011 - 04:03 AM

Hi i am going to buy two cerwin vega xls 15 speakers but i dont know wich amp and reciver should i buy. Q1:Wich reciver should i buy? Q2:Wich amp should i buy to get max power out of them without burning them Q3I dont know how to wire it so i hope i can get some help with that Thank you in advance