What's new

Wonder Woman to the small screen? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I lean towards Taylor Cole or Serinda Swan (sheerly from a visual standpoint). I just don't get the same feeling about Bridget Regan. Height-wise, T.Cole is 5' 8.5", S. Swan is 5' 7" and B. Regan is 5' 8", so roughly about the same height.

Taylor Cole:

Here she sort of has an Evangeline Lilly vibe to her from a photo taken for "The Event".

Serinda as Zatanna (without top hat):

Bridget Regan just looks like too Anglo to me:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I dont think Ive seen Taylor Cole or Serinda Swan in anything. Not familiar with them.

Someone at SHH made this when in defense of his choice of Jamie Alexander....

clipboard01vo.jpg

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Add Tanit Phoenix to the list:

http://blastr.com/2010/11/tanit-phoenix-may-be-the.php

I still like Bridget Regan

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is getting shelved as no network decided to pick up a pilot script for it for the upcoming fall season.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I don't know, Bryan.. I read that and was all giddy. I miss the goofy, down to earth super hero idea. It's a good mix of something like "No Heroics" with a real superhero. If they can keep it in that tone, I'm there every week.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
We'll see, I guess. This just sounds slightly similar to the late-60s/early-70s revamp in the comics that hardly anyone liked, mixed with a Sex and the City/Ally McBeal vibe that just feels weird. And I think the double-secret identity thing could be needlessly convoluted.

But of course, this is just one description of a draft that may have been rewritten, so who knows?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Adrianne Palicki got cast as Wonder Woman for this TV incarnation.

While she was never on my radar for the role of WW for the TV show, it's not a bad choice. She's 5' 11" tall, with bolt-on upgrades, and has acted on TV for almost a decade (it seems), and I liked her on Friday Night Lights, and she should have been cast as Supergirl on Smallville in season 3 or 4 (and not that other Kara character).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think she's potentially a very strong choice. Not a big name actress, but she's got chops, and was very good in her role on FNL.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If the pilot (still to be filmed) is promising, NBC will find a spot for it on its Fall 2011 schedule.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Assuming it gets picked up by NBC, it will be interesting to see if any of the villains will be on the show, and who will be playing them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks