-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Law & Order LA Season 1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted September 30 2010 - 12:24 AM

As much as I love the original Law & Order, Law & Order LA, which premiered last night, had a TERRIBLE pilot.   If this is the direction this show is going to take, I'm wondering how long this thing can last.   Probably a while since cable is already chomping at syndication, but this is the worst L&O in the franchise, and it's not close.   I'd put it several rungs below L&O: Trial By Jury.. and it's not even in the same ballpark as L&O: UK. 

Argh.   They cancelled the original for this?

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#2 of 3 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,371 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted October 02 2010 - 04:47 AM

I think the first problem was the case being too Hollywood. We already get enough of that in the news so why see a fictionalization? Hopefully it will move beyond the obvious "headlines."

The silliest moments were when the prosecutors didn't know certain facts and they weren't even phased by the surprise. I think any of the other shows would have had a moment where they chastised the guy for not telling them in the first place.

I did find it interesting what a venue change to sunny California did for the look of the show.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#3 of 3 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted October 06 2010 - 05:23 PM

This now officially enters my recordbooks as one of the worst shows ever based on a successful franchise.   Law & Order: Trial by Jury was infinitely better then this.  Criminal Intent is masterpiece theater in comparison.  And while I scoff at SVU for being too over the top lately, L&O:LA is just, well, awful.

Bring back the mothership Posted Image

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3