Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need some suggestions for splitting video/audio

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   sdbyrd

sdbyrd

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 29 2010 - 02:51 AM

I've been scratching my head for the last day and hoping someone can help me out with ideas...

Basically what I'm trying to do is have 3 devices (DVD, DVR, Media Player) share audio/video to multiple rooms.  I need the rooms zoned off so if I'm watching a movie in one room, it doesn't send audio to the speakers in the other rooms.  Likewise, I would like to be able to watch a DVD in Room1 and DVR in Room2.  I believe this can be accomplished with a 4x4 HDMI switcher, Speaker Selector (for zones) and an HDMI compatible receiver.  I've included a basic visual of what I have so far, but I'm still confused about how to really make this work effectively.  Ideally I could use the receiver to watch a different device in TWO rooms at a time.  Maybe what I'm trying to do requires a lot more equipment, but please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted September 30 2010 - 03:30 AM

Bedrooms use a basic stereo receive in each room connected to the TV to power the speakers.  If you don't want to use a receiver, use computer speakers.

The bonus room uses the 5.1 receiver to power the speakers.  If you are going to use zone 2 for the bedrooms, then connect the analog outputs of the source equipment to different analog inputs of the receiver.