Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Joaquin Phoenix in I'm Still Here

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,527 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted September 28 2010 - 04:09 PM

Has anyone seen this?

Talk about weird theater. This "documentary" chronicles the fall of Joaquin Phoenix as he retires from acting to become a rap singer.

His zoned out appearance on Letterman is worth seeking out online.

If you go in to this movie aware of its secrets, it's not as effective. Still, even knowing the reality of the situation, I will say it's a heck of a performance.

In theater's now, or available for rent from iTunes.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,132 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted September 28 2010 - 04:14 PM

I watched it last weekend before the "secret" was revealed.  I posted my thoughts over at IMDB but before knowing the secret there were a few things that struck me as a possible hint at it being fake.  One was that there were some scenes that were very familiar to events that happened in Bob Dylan's DON'T LOOK BACK.  The stuff with the reporter as well as the beard and glasses, which was something that Dylan would do in later years.

I don't think we'll ever know if it was real or not.  I think there's a very good chance that both Phoenix and Affleck took so much heat that they simply changed their story to it was a joke.  If it was real I simply don't see the point of filming all of it.  As I said in my notes, Phoenix is such a great actor that he could pull off everything in the film.  I do wonder why both men spent 2 years doing this thing and so far it's bombing in theaters.  So, they're not getting money from it.  Phoenix really could have killed his career for nothing.

The reasoning he gave on Letterman last week was interesting but it looks like there could still be plenty of trouble even if it was all a joke.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   lucy0

lucy0

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted September 28 2010 - 06:50 PM

good topic, thks. why not try other amazing things

there is some great TV shows i want to share to you:

friends dvd 1-10

oz dvd 1-6   

transformers dvd 

naruto dvd 1-9   

by the way,  good and cheap TV show DVD is in dvd top shop , Don't miss it!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   lucy0

lucy0

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted September 28 2010 - 06:51 PM

there is some great TV shows i want to share to you:

friends dvd 1-10

oz dvd 1-6   

transformers dvd 

naruto dvd 1-9   

by the way,  good and cheap TV show DVD is in dvd top shop , Don't miss it!