Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Finding Bolaji Badejo

Charles de Lauzirika

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Valaquen

Valaquen

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted September 28 2010 - 06:49 AM

Hello Mr. de Lauzirika,
I run the blog Strange Shapes, which covers the first three Alien movies, and I have been researching the whereabouts of original Alien performer, Bolaji Badejo. According to Dennis Lowe, who worked on Alien, and Les Barany, HR Giger's agent, Mr Badejo is believed to be dead (Mr Barany is currently helping me validate these claims). Post-1979, Bolaji simply disappears - he appears in no Alien interviews or media. I was wondering if you could provide me with any information regarding Bolaji, if you are privy to any. I would imagine that, when piecing together the Quadrilogy material, you too would have searched out Mr Badejo, or may have heard from Ridley Scott or associates as to Bolaji's fate post-Alien.
Thank you very much for your time,
Valaquen.

#2 of 3 Charles de Lauzirika

Charles de Lauzirika

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted September 30 2010 - 12:32 PM

Hi Valaquen,

The quote on your site, which comes from an unnamed source (not me), is actually fairly accurate.  We tried every way we knew how to locate Mr. Badejo, but to no avail.  I do hope that he's still alive and well, wherever he might be.

Sorry I can't be of more help in your search.

#3 of 3 Valaquen

Valaquen

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted September 30 2010 - 12:37 PM

Thank you, I would have disclosed the source but was asked not to, but I am confident of their accuracy (I received that particular source from HR Giger's agent himself). I have contacted Screen International, the magazine who allegedly reported the death, but they have not responded. I would only ask two things from you if you have the time to answer these; were death records checked? And secondly, has Ridley Scott or any of your interviewees commented on Bolaji? I have spoken to Jon Sorensen & Dennis Lowe who worked on Alien's SFX, and also Les Barany, and nobody knows a solid thing.
Thank you for your time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Charles de Lauzirika

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users