What's new

Occasional "snow" (1 Viewer)

LEAFguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Ernie Hernandez
I get occasional "snow" via HDMI connected components. I can still hear audio with "snow" on the screen. My components are as follows:

I have a Scientific Atlanta cable box/dvr > Yamaha RX-V463 > Panasonic C50FD18A (costco 50" plasma).

Lg BD390 > Yamaha RX-V463 > C50

I also have a Wii plugged directly into the television. Interestingly, I get no snow when viewing the Wii. My suspicion is that it is an issue with the receiver. Has anyone experienced this? Any idea what could be causing it?

Thanks

LEAFguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Ernie Hernandez
So... I take it no one here has experienced anything like this. Thanks for looking.

LEAFguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Ernie Hernandez
Thanks for the reply Robert. Yes I have. I started out with generic cables that I got from Frys electronics, and since bought some from Blue Jeans Cable. The snow does not overlay the video (ghost image). All we see is static. Usually cycling power on all components clears it up, but sometimes this needs to be done more than once. I just have never seen this happen to anyone else, and was curious about its occurrence. I suppose it could be the television, but as I said in my first post, it hasn't happened with the Wii direct into the tv, so I suspect the receiver.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sounds like it is the receiver. Do you have other HDMI components that you can run through the receiver? Do you have access to another receiver with HDMI capability?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
[SIZE= 12px]Try connecting the HDMI sources directly to the set, bypassing the receiver, to see if the receiver is the cause of the problem.[/SIZE]

LEAFguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Ernie Hernandez
Originally Posted by Steve Schaffer

[SIZE= 12px]Try connecting the HDMI sources directly to the set, bypassing the receiver, to see if the receiver is the cause of the problem.[/SIZE]

Sometimes the obvious solution is so obvious that we miss it. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks