-

Photo
- - - - -

*** Official WALL STREET: MONEY NEVER SLEEPS Discussion Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Pete York

Pete York

Supporting Actor

• 560 posts

Posted September 26 2010 - 11:30 AM

Just curious, but didn't Gekko have a son in WALL STREET? Is there any reference to him or the Sean Young character?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,008 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 26 2010 - 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Pete York 

Just curious, but didn't Gekko have a son in WALL STREET? Is there any reference to him or the Sean Young character?

Yes to both. They don't specifically say it but Carey Mulligan's character was apparently born shortly after the first movie.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Pete York

Pete York

Supporting Actor

• 560 posts

Posted September 26 2010 - 12:05 PM

Oh good. As long as they didn't retcon the little nose-picker out of existence, although with no credits for son and wife Gekko in WS2 I don't suspect happy endings for either of them.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,647 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 26 2010 - 08:19 PM

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" should be posted to the 
Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   gilsaints88

gilsaints88

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 12 2010 - 07:58 AM

Gekko's son is referenced in the sequel. have you watched the movie? it's definitely a must-watch [Link deleted by moderator; do not repost]

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Reviewer

Reviewer

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 23 2010 - 02:49 PM

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps was a decent movie but the characters seemed disconnected. I'm a big fan of Shia LaBeouf, Josh Brolin and Michael Douglas and really had high hopes when I found out it was directed by Oliver Stone, however the movie just didn't hit home. It seemed conflicted - sometimes it's best to let the story do the storytelling. I thought Project Northwest by C. B. Carter delved deeper into what was happening behind the scenes than this movie.