What's new

Dexter Season 5 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Premieres tonight for those who missed it. Season 5 kicks off with "My Bad" as the premiere.

Sunday appointment TV for me.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Won't be able to watch this until Monday nights this season and it's torture, I tell you! TORTURE!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Me too on Mondays, but Mondays will consist of dexter, Boardwalk Empire , and Bored to Death. Can't Beat that with a stick.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Mondays here, too. Sundays are reserved for THE SIMPSONS and Seth McFarlane's trilogy of hilarity.

UPDATE: Just saw the premiere ep., and I was really hoping, though, he would have faked his own death and gone on the run. Quinn looked like he lost some weight. Loev the fact that Peter Weller's on it.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Decent set up to the season. Although I don't know about the Deb/Quinn hookup on Dexter's kitchen floor. Was that really necessary and/or would that really happen?

So killing that guy in the bathroom seemed pretty sloppy for Dexter. That's gotta come back to haunt him. And you gotta think there were cameras somewhere at that place.

Shawn, I agree I was hoping he would run off and the season would be about Dexter missing. Not sure about faking his own death though.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Yeah, I think you're right on that one. There's no place you can go nowadays that doesn't have some kind of surveillance cameras.

Originally Posted by ScottH  

So killing that guy in the bathroom seemed pretty sloppy for Dexter. That's gotta come back to haunt him. And you gotta think there were cameras somewhere at that place.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think it will either come back to haunt him, or he cleaned up, we just didn't see it off camera. But it coming back to haunt him is likely....... this season.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I've been thinking lately when this series finally comes to and end, how will it happen? Will Dexter finally be caught, and found out by the ones closest to him, and put through a trial? If so, does he get life, or the death penalty? Or, does he disappear, like I thought he was going to this season, and we get a season long manhunt? Or, does he end up either getting killed, or sacrificing his life for a percieved greater good? I have considered all of these, trying to second guess the show's creators.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I've been wondering that since season 1. I don't think he'll go to prison. He'll either die some tragic death or go in hiding, and that's how the show will end. Would be interesting to see other characters reactions though. If you think about it, now that Rita's gone, would any of the other characters other than maybe Deb be truly surprised if they found out the truth? While I was glad they killed off Rita, one negative about it is that we'll never see what her reaction would have been. Though I suspect it would have been something along the lines of, "HOLY CRAP!"

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I really liked last nights ep.. is Dexter getting sloppy? And of course, now we know who -has- to die. But, the question is, can he get back on his "A" game.

Honestly, knowing it's already renewed for next season, would they be gutsy enough to have him caught and a whole season about him facing justice? I doubt it. But I could see this series ending with him getting busted.

A lot of people are all bagging on Astor for her demeanor; but I don't know, I can't think of how a 13 year old girl would react when her mother was butchered in the bathtub. It seems like the whiny-I blame my new stepdad attitude is as valid as any.

So, the Roadkill cleanup crew guy.... talk about creepy. And the machette masacres...

They've thrown out a whole lot of storylines at us so far this season

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Hey, how did you do that with the Spoiler Warning, having to click on it, to show it. I like that. I was always wondering how they Dexter and Rita came to meet, and how much he was on a "working date."

Quinn is venturing into dangerous territory here. Anyone remember Doakes?

Oh, wait, I you're commenting on last night's episode. I won't be seeing it until tonight. Thank God, you didn't reveal any more than I already know.

I was still commenting on last week's. Because of Sunday night's Animation Domintion on Fox, I don't watch Dex until Monday nights.

As you can tell below I have mastered the art of the Spoiler Quote.
UPDATE: So, the kids are off it for, good?

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I think the Astor reaction is right on the money. Even adults often have to find someone (anyone) to blame. Even knowing it's wrong to do so, that's still the initial emotional inclination. There's the classic story about the man coming home from work frustrated and kicking the pet. As if the pet did anything. Astor has had problems with Dexter in the past. They worked through it. I thought she explained her feelings pretty well when she talked about not so much blaming him for mom being dead, or even that he can't react as she thinks he should, but because she was adjusted to her previous no-dad life. Then Dexter comes along and gets her to believe things could be even better. She finally opens up to that concept, settles in a little bit, and then this happens. It'd be hard for me to think any reaction is too far off base at this point. If she walked out in front of a bus, I'd still say she's acting within the range of, "Understandable."

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
One of my favorite scenes of the whole episode was the Breakfast scene with the cooking of the pancakes, Astor comes in seeming much happier, and then sets the table with 4 plates and her whole demeanor just implodes. An amazing little job for a young actress to get that transition so right -- just devastatingly painful to watch her face melt.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Guess I missed who the girl was at the end. She could'nt been one of Boyd's victims since he did'nt know about going to the "Kill Room" Who was she?

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Julia Stiles - Dexter was at Boyd's house setting up an improvised room. She saw Dexter through the window/door.

He should've just said - "I'm Batman" and left it at that. Play up the superhero angle so he can let her go. Although he really can't do that since there's no guarantee she won't talk.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I'm curious, is this the beginning of Dexter turning to the Darkside, I mean, more than usual? As in now he's gonna have to kill someone innocent just so he can keep his secret. That would be an interesting plot twist, have him inch closer to being a "real serial killer," where his vicitms are no longer those who are pychos themselves, but regular folk.

I wonder if that would kill the ratings, turning him into the bad guy.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by SWFF

I'm curious, is this the beginning of Dexter turning to the Darkside, I mean, more than usual? As in now he's gonna have to kill someone innocent just so he can keep his secret. That would be an interesting plot twist, have him inch closer to being a "real serial killer," where his vicitms are no longer those who are pychos themselves, but regular folk.

He essentially already did that with Doakes. I know he didn't "pull the trigger" so to speak, but that's certainly where it was headed.

Speaking of Lila, what's with the new nanny? I couldn't help but think she's somehow tied to Lila.

I enjoyed the episode, but I notice the writing getting a little lazier as the seasons go on. Like Dexter injecting the killer's neck, but not holding on to him? I bet if you look back at every time he did that, he NEVER let go of the person. Also, no one finds the syringe? That's a little ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks