What's new

Supernatural Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I wasn't blown away by the opener, but I'm just glad we're getting another season.

Seems the ratings were quite good. The CW came in third of the five networks for the night in the prized 18-49 demo with the premieres of Smallville and Supernatural.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think it felt like a sequel and I mean that in a good way. The end of last year seemed like a natural conclusion to the series (except for Sam seeing Dean in the house at the very end) and the premiere was like the beginning of Supernatural Part Two. Like I said, I mean that it in a good way because I think there's still a lot of cool stories that they can tell with these characters even if the show's original mythology has been wrapped up.

It was cool seeing Mitch Pileggi back.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ok, homerun.Tonight was the episode that started to tell you that there is a reason something here is very wrong; there is apparently a war in heaven of sorts.. Cass wouldn't come for Sam, but he comes for Dean? Should be a tip.

Cass is playing his own game, Dean is becoming wary of Sam, and Rapheal, who was dispatched last season (but not permanently) is now in a war to take over his spot as the heir to heaven. Oh it just gets interesting.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The show is still doing well in the ratings for CW, despite the move to Friday. In the prized 18-49 age demographic, the CW actually came in second place overall for the night (Oct 15).

"Smallville" was the first place show in the demo at 8PM (about 3 million viewers), and "Supernatural" was the fourth place show at 9PM (about 2.8 million viewers), pushing the Fox network down the cellar steps.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Twi-Hard ? Live Free or Twi-Hard? The entire episode nailed everyone of the vapid productions that are Twilight.. I loved the first bar scene.

But now you do have to really wonder what's going on with Sam, that he was openly willing to let Dean get turned, and smiled about it at the time... and Dean remembers now. Something is not at all right with Sam... or is Sam the Big Bad?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I Love the twist this season has just taken... with Heaven in the Middle of a Civil war, what says a third party can't capture some turf? Now -thats- a really heads up writing twist.

neli

Grip
Real Name
neli moss
Yes,i agree with you that it is good to start season of supernatural.

cocolove

Auditioning
Real Name
cocolove cocolove
The end of last year seemed like a natural conclusion to the series (except for Sam seeing Dean in the house at the very end) and the premiere was like the beginning of Supernatural Part Two.

24 Hours dvd Last Chance to See dvd

cocolove

Auditioning
Real Name
cocolove cocolove
I loved Jim Beaver on Deadwood and he's great on Supernatural too so I was happy to see an entire episode centered on Bobby.

____________________________________________-

24 Hours dvd

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
X-Files open was classic. I loved that even the insert music was flipped over to be very X-Files esque. Lots of good stuff here, this show has really been a lot of fun this year, and the banter has been really good. Some really great one-liners from Sam last night :) MIxing glitter & crazy.. :)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
So, is Meg the new Head Demon in charge? And, more importantly, what was with the attempt to grab Purgatory by the King of Hell... that part is going to be interesting, because I think there may be some side deal going on with Raphael, which would explain why the war is going badly for Cas...Too many unknowns. But I've enjoyed the season. Hate the turn on the grandfather though; there better be some reveal later about him "not being himself" somehow

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is it just me, or has the writing on this series taken a turn toward being much more vulgar and homophobic this season? I'm enjoying the stories and plot, but the dialogue is close to crossing the line of being outright offensive.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

Is it just me, or has the writing on this series taken a turn toward being much more vulgar and homophobic this season? I'm enjoying the stories and plot, but the dialogue is close to crossing the line of being outright offensive.

I get what you mean. Personally, I haven't found anything to be offensive or hateful but it does seem like there's been more "They thought Dean and Sam are gay. Wuh wuhh waahhhhhhhhhhh"-type of jokes this year.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I love any episode with Death, capital "D" Death. I like the actor who plays him, Julian Richings a great deal, he's very good in that creepy kind of role.

What makes me wonder now is what really happens next? Death hints there is a mystery "follow the souls" that we just aren't aware of. Are we going to find out why the former "King of Hell" was so eager to get into purgatory?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Some of the best camp laughs I've had in a while, it's part of why I love Supernatural that it so effectively pokes fun at itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks