Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Proficient audio m80 thoughts

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   unknownuser200

unknownuser200

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted September 24 2010 - 01:23 PM

i recently found out threw my work i can get some fair deals on proficient
audio... i was just wondering what you guys thought about there stuff? Also what
you thought about the m80?

http://www.proficientaudio.com/m80/

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,788 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted September 25 2010 - 05:55 AM

Proficient Audio is a very high end electronics/speaker brand. Think Audiocontrol, Arcam, etc. They definently have an unusual look but there are a few things that would lead me to look elsewhere. For one, they use the Faroudja DCDi which has been surpassed by other video processors (not an issue if you run the video straight to the display) and the connectors on the back of the receiver look rather plain-jane for a high end product. They also use SmartEQ auto setup which I've heard of but know nothing about. But their website is way cool  .
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users