-

Photo
- - - - -

Fringe season 3 thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
357 replies to this topic

#21 of 358 ONLINE   SWFF

SWFF

Screenwriter

• 1,851 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted October 01 2010 - 11:19 AM

Is that what that thing was? I just remember thinking how strange it was.

#22 of 358 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,638 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted October 07 2010 - 11:25 PM

My question about last night's (10/7/10) episode is that is pens are so rare, why would there be a USPS mailbox there? unless people send around flash drives (or their equivalent). I would imagine that if people stopped writing, we'd just live on email, etc.. etc.  :-)

Jay

You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#23 of 358 OFFLINE   Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts
  • LocationAnaheim. CA

Posted October 08 2010 - 01:51 AM

Gotta have a place to drop you Netflix envelopes!

Actually, I would believe that in any universe, that a postal service would be a requirement for any government.  It is on this planet.  And I can't imagine that the alternate universe's government would act more quickly than ours in trimming unneeded dross.

And yes, I know that the USPS is theoretically a private company,  But it isn't really, any more than Fanny or Freddie. Postmaster General used to be a cabinet level position.

I have learned that some pain cannot be healed, but must be endured. I believe our Higher Power will help us to endure and find peace. I loved the boy with the utmost love of which my soul is capable and he is taken from me-yet in the agony of my spirit in surrendering such a treasure, I feel a thousand times richer than if I had never possessed it."
-- William Wordsworth 1812

#24 of 358 ONLINE   SWFF

SWFF

Screenwriter

• 1,851 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted October 08 2010 - 03:35 AM

Olivia's a dead shot. When the guy jumped on the bus to escape and raised his hands to mock her, if I was her, I would have pulled my gun and blown off one of his fingers, or put a hole in his hand, but, he probably would have predicted that, and taken measures to ensure she would have missed. That dude creeped me out.
Ironic isn't it, if she had stopped to save her life, with the oxygen canister, she would have ended up getting killed.

#25 of 358 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,606 posts

Posted October 08 2010 - 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by SWFF 

Olivia's a dead shot. When the guy jumped on the bus to escape and raised his hands to mock her, if I was her, I would have pulled my gun and blown off one of his fingers, or put a hole in his hand, but, he probably would have predicted that, and taken measures to ensure she would have missed. That dude creeped me out.

Ironic isn't it, if she had stopped to save her life, with the oxygen canister, she would have ended up getting killed.

The guy was extremely creepy.  I wonder if in a later episode he will figure out why it was that Olivia acted differently than predicted.  He obviously hadn't figured that she had come from another 'verse.

#26 of 358 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,590 posts

Posted October 08 2010 - 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by SWFF 

The way I saw it, the fringe events are of supreme importance in this universe.  It seems virtually the entire force of the government is behind solving fringe events and trying them to the bigger picture of the war and the threat to their Earth/universe.  I would assume the protocol is to shoot last, as you never know when you might be literally killing your best hope at ending the war.  Who knows, that just might be the case here.

#27 of 358 ONLINE   SWFF

SWFF

Screenwriter

• 1,851 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted October 08 2010 - 09:40 AM

If I were OIivia, well, "Evil Olivia," I stilI would have blown that mother's pinky off; it's not like he would have died from it.

#28 of 358 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,606 posts

Posted October 11 2010 - 01:49 AM

One of the interesting things of seeing things in the alternate universe is not only seeing the effects of what Walter did, but also humanizing the people from that universe.

#29 of 358 OFFLINE   Spero D

Spero D

Second Unit

• 490 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 07:56 AM

This ep seemed slightly off to me.

I hope they don't drag out the fake Olivia stuff for too long. That sort of stuff is the domain of cheap daytime soap.

#30 of 358 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,846 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 15 2010 - 08:09 AM

Yeah, I don't like these kinds of storylines.  It'll be a bummer if the switch stays in place until the season finale.  Especially if there are a lot of close call, "they almost found me out" moments throughout.  Or, heaven forbid, the old, "Bolivia was given the drug, and now she is for all intents and purposes the real Olivia, while the real Olivia is for all intents and purposes Bolivia and they will never switch back."

#31 of 358 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,590 posts

Posted October 15 2010 - 08:35 AM

Personally, I'm loving the two storylines, especially the switch.

The line about Walter "tripping his brains out" had me in tears from laughing.  I thought this episode was particularly good in a standout storyline (the switch/two worlds arc).

#32 of 358 ONLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,499 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted October 15 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hmm...I'm curious about the Ford Taurus now.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#33 of 358 OFFLINE   Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,080 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted October 16 2010 - 08:57 AM

I have a feeling these 2 stories are going to come to a resolution mid season. I doubt they could sustain it all season. Still Im enjoying both storylines

The great thing for me is that at the end of each episode I want another one in the same world -  now that's called being hooked Posted Image

#34 of 358 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Screenwriter

• 2,630 posts

Posted November 04 2010 - 12:43 AM

New episode tonight
I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#35 of 358 OFFLINE   Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,080 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted November 06 2010 - 06:33 AM

Another great episode - they have really stepped up this season. Everything seems to have been well thought out and I cant wait to see how this goes. Whats great is that there not simple settling for standalones and arc episode - there are elements of both in every episode so you never feel like your being kept waiting for answers. So far they have the balance exactly right

Olivia knows....but does Walternate ??

Shame the ratings arent improving and I really hope that if they do cancel at the end of this season, they give the show time to wrap up in a coherent way. If they do commit to more I think the makers of Fringe should do what Lost did and define an end point to the series that they can build to.

Best show on TV IMO at the moment.

#36 of 358 OFFLINE   Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit

• 408 posts

Posted November 06 2010 - 07:24 AM

Agreed, it would be a shame if the sow gets nixed due to low ratings.  As stated, it is the best show on this season by a wide margin.  The writers are hitting it out of the park making us viewers want more of each episode in each world before the next episode, masterful.  Been watching from the start and find the story lines fascinating.

#37 of 358 OFFLINE   Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

• 756 posts

Posted November 06 2010 - 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Cowmeadow 

Agreed, it would be a shame if the sow gets nixed due to low ratings.  As stated, it is the best show on this season by a wide margin.  The writers are hitting it out of the park making us viewers want more of each episode in each world before the next episode, masterful.  Been watching from the start and find the story lines fascinating.

I have not heard anything about low ratings, in fact just the opposite. In EW they said the show was doing great this season and a TV ad for Fringe on Fox said basically the same thing, "our most acclaimed season yet, find out why" and also "the best season of Fringe". Not sure what the most recent ratings are, but it should be quite good. I would think they have plans for this full year and even next year given what is being said now.

#38 of 358 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,001 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 06 2010 - 02:15 PM

^ This week's episode hit a season low in terms of ratings. That being said, Fox realizes that Thursday at 9 PM is the toughest timeslot possible so, unless the ratings continue to drop each week, I don't think anyone has to worry.

#39 of 358 OFFLINE   Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted November 06 2010 - 02:29 PM

I saw on Yahoo a week or so back that it might be on the chopping block but didn't believe it, lets hope it stays on.

I think that is the only show I watch on Thursday too.

I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#40 of 358 OFFLINE   Duane R

Duane R

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted November 06 2010 - 06:35 PM

Fringe is by far my favorite show, and it would be a travesty to see it go away before it has run its course. As others have said, the writers are hitting all the high notes, and have elicited a sympathetic view of the "other side" people and their plight stemming from Walter's meddling. I suspect we won't see Olivia returned to  "our" side until season's end or close to it.

Six worlds prayed to her, they built her temples, conquered planets, and yet one day she still rode off and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying he said "We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?" and she looked down upon him and she whispered, "Because I can".

Forum Nav Content I Follow