Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Big Bang Theory - season 4 thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
180 replies to this topic

#1 of 181 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,885 posts

Posted September 23 2010 - 02:16 AM

The Big Bang Theory moves to Thursday night's 8 p.m. EDT timeslot on CBS to go head-to-head with Community, My Generation, Vampire Diaries, and Bones.  It might flourish against such competition.

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 181 ONLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,674 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted September 23 2010 - 08:50 AM

I hope I remember to watch, I'm so used to the 9:30 timeslot (though I think it's a Season Pass on my Tivo). Can't believe CBS didn't switch this over the summer to "train" the audience to find the new timeslot.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#3 of 181 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted September 23 2010 - 03:06 PM

Good Start to the Season too bad its paired with a Pretty lame Shatner Sitcom. I Like Shat he could do better.

Wolowicz and the Robot Arm, (where's the Rest of it) lol...

My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#4 of 181 ONLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,674 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted September 23 2010 - 03:27 PM

Yep, pretty funny. Penny insisted on forcing Sheldon & Amy into conversation and she paid the price. Posted Image

The bit with Howard was kind of predictable. What else could have happened with Howard and a robotic hand?

"What do you mean, it happened again?!?"

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#5 of 181 OFFLINE   AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 499 posts

Posted September 23 2010 - 03:31 PM

I'm just hoping that (looking well forward here) that the transporter gag ad is put onto the inevitable DVD series release.

#6 of 181 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,048 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted September 23 2010 - 03:33 PM

I thought the robot arm bit was kind of blah, but the Penny on a date with Sheldon and Amy... classic.  It's good they finally went to what my wife and I were thinking w/r/t how Penny can break them up.   That was great stuff.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#7 of 181 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,790 posts

Posted September 23 2010 - 05:29 PM

My reaction was very similar to Matt's  - Howard's segment was predictable but still amusing. Penny, Sheldon, and Amy was the kind of humor I expect from the show and was the best part of the episode.

- Walter.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#8 of 181 OFFLINE   Peter McM

Peter McM

Supporting Actor

• 923 posts

Posted September 23 2010 - 10:09 PM

Amy:  "Cultural perceptions are subjective.  Penny, to your mind, are you a slut?"   Posted Image

Originally Posted by AlexF 

I'm just hoping that (looking well forward here) that the transporter gag ad is put onto the inevitable DVD series release.

Someone should've told CBS ad execs that the transporter only sends objects through space--not time.

I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#9 of 181 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Screenwriter

• 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted September 23 2010 - 11:16 PM

Did anyone else think the Picture Quality was terrible last night? The comercials looked fine, but the BBT looked really blurry and had a lot of compression.

-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#10 of 181 OFFLINE   Shane D

Shane D

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted September 24 2010 - 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Scott-S 

Did anyone else think the Picture Quality was terrible last night? The comercials looked fine, but the BBT looked really blurry and had a lot of compression.

nope. i actually thougt it looked great cause last year i watched over the air, and the spinning titles and scene change bumpers always pixelated but this year im on digital cable and not a single pixelation and the rest of thes show looked fine. i did have a audio drop out once though.

#11 of 181 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,048 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted September 24 2010 - 02:16 AM

Our local CBS here in KC broadcast the 4:3 on HD Posted Image  And it did not look good.   Annoying.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#12 of 181 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,541 posts

Posted September 24 2010 - 02:52 AM

I'm surprised they went down the road of the robot arm with Wolowicz. It was predictable, but surprising they went there. When they show the scene of him suddenly getting the idea, I was expecting the next scene would have shown something you didn't expect. But what they showed was what you expected.

Agreed the date was much better.

#13 of 181 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted September 24 2010 - 02:14 PM

I of course loved the season opener, I say of course because I'm a sucker for this show and have a hard time be subjective about it lol.

Yeah, I saw the thing with Howard coming from a mile away but the outcome still made me laugh, especially the receptionist in the ER...

"Where's the rest of the robot?"

Howard:

"I only built the arm."

"Cuz that's all you needed, huh?"

Posted Image

It's nice to see Mayin Bialik again (yeah so I watched Blossom whatcha gonna do about it? Posted Image) and I hope we see more of her, she's the perfect fit to Sheldon's particular brand of brilliant insanity. Posted Image

Just FYI but are you guys aware that Kaley Cuoco broke her leg in a horse riding accident and will be out for some episodes? That really sucks.

"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#14 of 181 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,541 posts

Posted September 24 2010 - 03:03 PM

I did see the cast on Craig Ferguson the other night and they said Kaley wasn't there because of a broken leg.  I looked up her story about the broken leg and one reports that they shut down production for a week. So we might see some repeats?

#15 of 181 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts

Posted September 24 2010 - 03:10 PM

Once the pain has abated and she can get around on crutches I don't see why they can't just write her injury into the show, like her and Leonard went skiing and she took a tumble or something.

#16 of 181 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 25 2010 - 02:01 PM

Loved the opener.  Of course you knew where they were going with the robotic hand the second you saw it, but I still liked the way it played out.  (Especially with the ER nurse being the only one with the good sense to just turn off the computer.)

It's nice to see Mayin Bialik again (yeah so I watched Blossom whatcha gonna do about it? Posted Image) and I hope we see more of her, she's the perfect fit to Sheldon's particular brand of brilliant insanity. Posted Image

The best part about that bit of casting is that she is the only one on the show who is an actual scientist.  Mayim went to collegel after Blossom and earned a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA (although she has decided against pursuing an academic career at this point.)

Regards,

Joe

#17 of 181 OFFLINE   Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted September 28 2010 - 07:40 AM

Definitely enjoyed the craziness between Sheldon, Penny and Blossom (sorry couldn't remember character name). Hated the whole robot walowitz story. Just stupid. I hope BBT can get back on track with the boys and pull out some more good episodes.

NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON

#18 of 181 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,169 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 28 2010 - 08:31 AM

Just read that Katee Sackhoff will return to TBBT this season.

Here's info if you dare to learn why...

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#19 of 181 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts

Posted September 30 2010 - 09:33 PM

While I really enjoyed this episode I'm beginning to see that the show is starting to focus too much on Sheldon, I realize he won an Emmy and all that and I do love Sheldon but let's try to get a mix-up going and have some juicy air time for everyone else as well.

That said it was a great episode, I was waiting for Penny to push 'virtual Sheldon' down the stairs at the end. Posted Image

#20 of 181 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,541 posts

Posted October 01 2010 - 06:46 AM

I thought that they may have focused on Sheldon a bit much last year! But they did do a whole arc with Penny and Leonard. And I'm disappointed they ended it.

I did like Penny's barb back at Rajesh.