Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

NCIS season 8 thread

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,086 posts

Posted September 21 2010 - 02:58 AM

NCIS returns for its 8th season on CBS in the 8 p.m. EDT timeslot on Tuesdays once again.  Things looked bad for Gibbs's dad in the finale last season.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,663 posts

Posted September 21 2010 - 04:52 PM

I really liked this season premiere; it was a nice way to wrap-up the Gibbs/Mexico storyline.  I especially enjoyed the entire team standing as one during the scene with senor Jerkwad at the desks.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,333 posts

Posted September 23 2010 - 07:31 PM

I loved how they set up "Senor Jerkwad" to literally permanently take care of Gibb's Mexican problem; after all, simply arresting her would not have solved the problem, she'd just pull strings from inside prison, even assuming she was convicted of something and also assuming Mexico didn't insist on extradition.  This way, their hands stay clean.   What puzzled me is why didn't Vance just shred Abby's report on the Hernandez shooting?  Also to retain plausible deniability that it had been misplaced?  Even that excuse rings hollow, in this modern day of softcopies, there is no issue of the loss of one single original copy being fatal and permanent.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,663 posts

Posted May 06 2011 - 11:03 AM

Despite being named America's Favourite TV show of All Time, NCIS never gets a lot of discussion here.

This season has been one of the best in my opinion.  The Port-to-Port Killer plot has been interesting, and the cast dynamics are, as always, perfect.  Some questions/guesses about the final two episodes:

- Is one of Agent Barrett's team the killer?  There is a lot of evidence, I think, pointing to that fact, and it might even be Barrett herself.  Is Tony's relationship with here another secret mission from the Director, a la Jeanne?

- Is CIRay the killer?  Is Ziva's relationship with him the secret mission?

- I thought the appearance of Agent Pacci was pretty neat, along with his reference to how his stomach would be the death of him (ie he was gutted to retrieve a memory card back in season one).

- We now know the origin of Tony's Mighty Mouse stapler :)

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

• 803 posts

Posted May 06 2011 - 11:26 AM

I agree, NCIS and NCIS LA both are some of my most favorite shows every year. The acting and characters are among the best on TV and have been for some time. Looking forward to seeing how Season 8 turns out for NCIS and season 2 of NCIS LA. Let me know what you think after they air.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,264 posts

Posted May 08 2011 - 01:22 AM

Enjoy the show, but after watching some of the marathons on USA, I never realized the predictability of so many episodes, although I still find them highly enjoyable. Really like NCIS:LA and have just started CSI:NY. The others have dropped off my radar.
Stan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users