Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

USHE Press Release: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,383 posts

Posted September 20 2010 - 06:20 PM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,073 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted October 11 2010 - 04:12 PM

I meant to see this in the theaters as I heard only good things about it, but missed it.  November is shaping up to be an expensive month with all the great titles being released!  We just got a trailer for the DVD/BD release:

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,213 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted October 13 2010 - 07:15 AM

This will be a definite buy for me. As the father of a hipster-ish teenage daughter and videogame-addicted teenage son, I took both to see this in theatres and they loved it. I loved it too.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   bugeyes

bugeyes

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted October 19 2010 - 08:51 AM

I meant to see this in theatres as well - but summer got so busy - I am a huge fan of the comics.

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,055 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 20 2010 - 02:09 AM

I'm psyched about all of the commentaries, especially the Edgar Wright/Michael Bacall/Bryan Lee O’Malley. It'll be really interesting to hear O'Malley's thoughts on the film.

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski

Supporting Actor

• 556 posts

Posted October 20 2010 - 04:37 AM

I'm really looking forward to getting this.  I loved Scott Pilgrim in the theaters and it sounds like they put some work into the suppliments!

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   bugeyes

bugeyes

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted October 25 2010 - 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt 

I'm psyched about all of the commentaries, especially the Edgar Wright/Michael Bacall/Bryan Lee O’Malley. It'll be really interesting to hear O'Malley's thoughts on the film.

Me too - do you follow Edgar on Twitter? He usually posts some cool Scott Pilgrim related stuff, as well as cool nerdy film things as well.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,055 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 25 2010 - 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by bugeyes 

Me too - do you follow Edgar on Twitter? He usually posts some cool Scott Pilgrim related stuff, as well as cool nerdy film things as well.

I do now. Thanks for the recommendation.

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,073 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted October 25 2010 - 03:32 PM

Just a quick FYI that we will have a pretty cool Scott Pilgrim contest starting later this week with some pretty cool prizes.  Details coming soon....

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   bugeyes

bugeyes

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted October 26 2010 - 03:59 AM

I don't know if any of you are in Toronto but Edgar posted the following yesterday...

" @edgarwright: EdgarWrighthere blogged: Scott Pilgrim Returns to Toronto! November 5th, 2010 ~ Bloor Cinema 7pm http://tinyurl.com/32k2ha3"

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,213 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted October 26 2010 - 05:52 AM

And I'm stuck in court in Alberta. Sometimes, my life just SUCKS!
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   bugeyes

bugeyes

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted October 27 2010 - 02:47 AM

Consolation prize internet version from this Torontonian to you and the rest of the non Toronto people here...

Scott Pilgrim extras I found this morning on Daily Motion...

How they brought the characters to life:  http://www.dailymoti...life_shortfilms

And another one...

Learning to play instruments: http://www.dailymoti...ents_shortfilms

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   bugeyes

bugeyes

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted November 08 2010 - 02:47 AM

Tomorrow! Tomorrow I get to pick up my copy at the store! So excited. Went to the screening last friday in Toronto - was awesome.
Check this out if you missed it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5KaIRmZTNM

And here a treat from the internet to me to you - Filming at Lee's Palace:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERVNw0FCUHg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users