What's new

Castle season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Crime writer Richard Castle and his muse, Det. Kate Beckett, are back for a 3rd season, but are they on the same side? Airs on ABC at 10 p.m. EDT after Dancing with the Stars.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I loved it. Probably one of my favorite episodes of the whole series. Just astounding character work the entire hour. I loved the way Castle was allowed to be mysterious again, in a way he hasn't been since early in the first season. The premiere did a good job of giving the finale weight. In the interrogation room the first time, he realizes that she'd been ready to give him his shot and he blew it, and then compounded it by being AWOL ever since. Him getting the cold shoulder from everyone -- and still being brilliant and hilarious, even while visibly hurt -- leads to the climax with Beckett finally trusting Castle with a gun, something we've been waiting for the entire series and made even more remarkable by Beckett's sense of betrayal. The scene at the very end by the stairs where Beckett lets him back in was exceptionally well-acted. There's a sense of... relief from both of them. This is a show that all too often coasts on the easy banter and episodic storytelling, but there was nothing lazy about this episode. Terrific!

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I was flipping back and forth between the premier of "Castle" and "Hawaii Five-O", and ultimately spend more time with "Castle". Very good story and well-acted.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was distracted because I had to do some work for a client. I pretty much watched the whole premiere and agree it was well done. The leads have good chemistry. What I was kinda lost about is why Beckett and the others so mad at Castle for not calling when he got back from the Hamptons? I guess they expected him to. If that's so, then I guess that it.

But as Adam posted above, I missed that little subtle exchange in the interrogation room that Beckett was open to him, but he blew it.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see that exchange in the interrogation room... I saw that exchange between Castle and his daughter. Castle left Beckett in the arms of her boyfriend, so he had no way of knowing that she even gave him a 2nd thought.

I don't much get into the whole "chance lost" thing. It implies the value is only on one side.

I was thinking back to the original episodes where there was discussion as to whether the actress who plays Beckett is gay or not, in part due to her haircut, etc. I was reminded of that because she was very nice looking in this episode. A little hair and makeup went a long way.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Beckett's new friend was played by Victor Webster from Mutant X. He has a credit for that episode of Castle as Josh Davidson so I suspect he is a boyfriend. BTW, he is listed as being 6' 3" in height on IMDB. Nathan Fillion is listed at 6" 1 1/2" so I suspect they filmed Josh/Webster at an angle to make him appear much taller than Castle.

I though the Stephen J. Cannell tribute was very nice.

- Walter.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I dig the hell out of Muse Watson, who played Yosemite Sam. He was Charles Westmoreland on Prison Break. I'd kill to have him and Jim Beaver paired in a western.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

I dig the hell out of Muse Watson, who played Yosemite Sam. He was Charles Westmoreland on Prison Break. I'd kill to have him and Jim Beaver paired in a western.
Not bad. I'd also add Sam Elliott to the mix. I wish there were more TV movies like The Sacketts and The Shadow Riders, etc.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I can't say enough about how much I'm liking this show. It is just getting better and better. I do appreciate that they've toned down Castle's mother and daughter a bit. Mom is not as over the top and brassy as she was in the first season and the daughter is acting more like a teenage girl, albeit a smart and mature one. I also like the fact that Beckett's partners are not just there for laughs but are good solid cops who do the hard work and burn the shoe leather.

Good stuff all around.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Agreed with your comments Michael.

I guess, as I've heard Nathan say in interviews, they'll keep finding ways to tease this attraction between Castle and Beckett and keep them apart. I like how all the other cops and the coroner are onto Castle and Beckett's attraction to each other too.

Monday's looks like they'll take some fun pokes at Grey's Anatomy. Seriously?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
What happened to the relationship with Castle's publisher ex? I don't recall anyone saying it was over but they aren't referring to it either.

John Lloyd

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell

What happened to the relationship with Castle's publisher ex? I don't recall anyone saying it was over but they aren't referring to it either.

Now I am confused. Wasn't she on last night's episode?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I hadn't seen that when I wrote my post and I couldn't recall any reference to her previous episodes this season.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by John Lloyd

Now I am confused. Wasn't she on last night's episode?

Was that the same actress? Maybe it's my memory, or I'm thinking of someone else, but I thought she looked way different last time we saw her.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Joe_H

Was that the same actress? Maybe it's my memory, or I'm thinking of someone else, but I thought she looked way different last time we saw her.

I did too. The reason why is the nature of the character's introduction in the pilot. She's actually the first voice we hear and the first character we see (other than the corpse), but she's in selling mode, so she's all sultry seductress. Her later scenes are flirty, too. When we see her again, it's just a cameo in the last season finale, and then on Monday, there's no sultry seductress at all. The dance is over, and it's onto more substantial issues. She's also made up to look younger in Monday's episode than she was in the pilot. And the pilot was shot on location in Manhattan with a New York City crew, while the rest of the series has been shot in L.A. trying to look like New York with a Los Angeles crew.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks