What's new

multichannel inputs on Onkyo TX-NR905B (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Im having some trouble getting my multichannel inputs to work on my Onkyo reciever.

Ive got it all hooked up properly, but im not getting any sound when i play from my Yamaha DVD S2300

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
You setup the player to output audio over the multi-channel outputs? You do that in the player's setup menus. Also, you know you don't use the DVD button on the remote? You use the Multi-Channel button, to watch a movie, when using those outputs. Just double checking that you did these.............. Not sure what else to tell you. I don't remember if you have to check something in the Onkyo's setup menus, to use the multi-channel inputs. Wouldn't hurt to double check.

Good luck!

John-Miles

Screenwriter
So Ed, i dont know if you check the forum anymore, but i never got it working..... just could not figure out the problem, and now today after having to hook p my system again, i tried a few more things, and it turns out that i needed to press the audio selector button on the Onkyo remote to have it take the signal fromt he multi channel inputs even though they were assigned to that particular input.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Yeah...... should have read more of my manual years ago i guess, on my old Yamaha amp that was not the case, the multi-channel inputs were their own input, but on the Onkyo where they are assignable this was necessary

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Onkyo did it that way because the DV-SP506/DPS 6.7 was capable of sending HDMI, Toslink, Digital Coax and MCH simultaneously.

Allowing you to choose which audio connection on the fly...as SACD/DVD-A required MCH.

You can set Coax, Toslink and HDMI bass management...independently.

Which that player also set up to allow the Toslink or Digital Coax as default 2.0 for CD playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks