-

Photo

Coverage begins Thursday. Make your requests here!

CEDIA 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 of 23 OFFLINE   Peter Rohlfs

Peter Rohlfs

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts

Posted September 27 2010 - 08:14 AM

When talking to JVC, could you see if they have plans to bring their polarized 3D technolgy to the consumer market.  I saw the gd-463d10 at createasphere in NYC.  It had great 3d using polarized glasses instead of the expensive and heavier shutter galsses, but his a a "pro" product with a $6,00 price tag.

If they could get it to a more consumer friendly price (and add a variety of sizes) I think this would be a winner.

Thanks,

Peter

#22 of 23 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 13,859 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted October 01 2010 - 12:56 AM

Anyone know if there are media library solutions with a cost closer to $1400 than the $14,000 that Ron podcasted? That system looks fantastic -- it looks like a system with idiot-proof Blu-ray and DVD ripper and playback system, with a gorgeous front-end that's served over the home network. But the stratospheric pricing ... Posted Image. I'd be interested in "budget" solutions.

#23 of 23 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,826 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted October 01 2010 - 04:05 AM

Its come way down in price. It used to be 140k.  Unfortunately due to the legal difficulties and bad economy several other cheaper (and not quite as slick) systems have gone under over the past year, so there isn't much to choose from.