What's new

*** Official EASY A Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Emma Stone simply owns this film from the first reel. Taking liberties with "The Scarlet Letter" roots, the film tells the story of Olive Penderghast dealing with high school level rumor and innuendo of sexual promiscuity, and deciding to fully own such notoriety, even at the expense of friendship and reputation and self-esteem, but events go twisty and Olive finds herself in some larger scale drama stemming from lies and the cover-up of lies, but with the help of her quirky parents, Olive regains her footing, but at what costs? The script is very funny, the adult characters have a lot of fun playing with the script, and it works. It's not bust-out raunchy funny for the most part, but the movie makes you care about Olive and her situation, the pacing is pretty solid, and the casting is pretty much on-point.

I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed Easy A. It wasn't the teen girl comedy that you might think it is. It's a funny movie and, like Patrick said, Emma Stone really commands the movie. Also, this movie was somewhat dirty for being PG-13 especially when they said

(spoilerized for spoiler and for 'bad' profanity)
'twat'. I know that's a not so bad term in England but in America, that's a pretty raw word.

Overall, I'm glad that I took a chance on seeing it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Easy A". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an
[COLOR= #44708c]Official Discussion Thread[/COLOR].

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Very enjoyable teenage film and probably one of the best of that genre in a long time. Emma Stone is an enjoyable actress and her character in this film is likable and as Patrick wrote, she does command this film from the beginning.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks