What's new

The Amazing Race season 17 thread (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
The start of the season is about a week away. The cast list has already been put up...

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/cast/

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mattCR

The definitely went for the hot chick group this year!

Good Lord, you're not kidding. It looks like an audition for Playboy Playmates or Hooters waitresses. I've lost interest in the show over the past couple seasons, but this is definitely going to bring me back. Will it FINALLY be in HD this year?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
There's a clip floating around from CBS involving a watermelon catapult (I saw it on FARK and The Soup), that simply cannot be missed.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Josh Dial

There's a clip floating around from CBS involving a watermelon catapult (I saw it on FARK and The Soup), that simply cannot be missed.

Oh, that was from this upcoming season? I saw it, and it's hillarious. "They don't call it the amazing race for nothing."

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I saw that scene during a commercial while watching Survivor. Through the magic of TiVo, I must have rewound and watched it 10 times. Flat out gut-wrenchingly hilarous, from the head snapping back to the thud sound to the amazing accuracy of the shot. The best part about the extended clip is the unforgettable line "I can't feel my face!".

Oh yeah, can't wait for the new season to start!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Outside of an ACME contraption purchased by Wile E. Coyote backfiring on him that was the funniest thing I'll see this year on TV lol.

It almost looks as if the watermelon blows her head apart.

Looking forward to another mad cap and zany trip around the globe and yep, I'll be rooting for the hotties.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
TAR season 17 starts toniight on CBS in the usual Sunday 8 p.m. EDT timeslot, but there's always a possiblity it may run late due to local NFL footlball running late. The watermelon catapault footage is awesomeness.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

TAR season 17 starts toniight on CBS in the usual Sunday 8 p.m. EDT timeslot, but there's always a possiblity it may run late due to local NFL footlball running late. The watermelon catapault footage is awesomeness.

It's reached the point where we watch the later, Canadian feed of the show, because it won't be delayed by football.

Can't wait for the season, though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Whoops, CBS is airing a 90-minute premiere at 8:30 p.m. EDT, but with the game going over by about 15 minutes, padding by the same amount would help in getting the entire episode tonight.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I was able to catch most of the episode.

Glad to see the race starting somewhere other than the LA area. Most of the teams did not seem to have much trouble navigating the Boston area by car.

Still too early to tell with the teams, but...

It never ceases to amaze me how dumb some people can be. Yeah ok, they are in the country of London.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
We're letting the 8yr old stay up late to watch this and Survivor this year. We went to London for vacation this year so he was trilled to see it on TV. He went all wide-eyed at the watermelon scene. "How did she manage to do THAT?!"

Spoilerized for those who have not seen the results: Glad to see the

mother and adopted-out daughter make it. I can't believe they're starting their relationship on the Race. I'm interested to see how their relationship goes.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Team Stupid is taking idiocy to a whole new level. Never heard of Stonehenge? Country of London? Wow.

And the Race is still not in HD. It's just sad at this point.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Greg Kettell

And the Race is still not in HD. It's just sad at this point.

It's funny I ended up watching last night's Race tonight...the same day Pardon the Interruption makes the move to HD. Seriously, if Survivor can do HD, there's no reason the Race can't. Don't tell me it doesn't warrant the money it would take to film in high def. Not with an armful of Emmy's under their belt and on their 17th season. Shows don't get that far without being "worth it" to their network.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks