-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Apprentice season 10 thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#1 of 68 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted September 16 2010 - 02:42 AM

The Donald puts actual people out of work through a "job interview competition" in its 10th season, starting tonight on NBC in the 10 p.m. EDT timeslot.

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,059 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 16 2010 - 03:25 AM

My wife and I just started watching this show a few seasons ago...so we've only seen the celebrity versions of this game.

We are looking forward to seeing a non-celebrity season.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 68 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted September 16 2010 - 12:40 PM

Oops, the first episode starts at 9 p.m. EDT for a 2-hour season premiere.

#4 of 68 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted September 17 2010 - 05:59 AM

Move over, Omarosa...looks like you've got competition for biggest bitch in Apprentice history! If I were Trump, after about the fifth time Mahsa mentioned being a district attorney I would've said  "I'm judge, jury and executioner in this boardroom and your ass is fired".

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#5 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,059 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 17 2010 - 06:47 AM

I was really surprised, Brent, that Trump didn't shut her down and tell her off when she went off the way she did when the three women returned to the board room.  I know I would have enjoyed seeing him do it.  Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#6 of 68 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted September 17 2010 - 07:23 AM

Ah, too bad some eye candy had to go in the first firing session.  There's a reason why that lady is an out-of-work DA.  She hasn't learned when to STFU.

#7 of 68 ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

• 438 posts

Posted September 17 2010 - 01:17 PM

What an all around horrible group of people. Some were worse than others but they were all annoying. I'm also finding it hard to feel sorry for these people. Some of them made more in a year than the average person makes in 2. The finical crisis has hurt everyone but I'm willing to bet most of them were living a pretty glamorous lifestyle and weren't smart about saving their money. I would much rather have seen Trump hire a more blue-collar worker. Maybe as the show goes on and we learn more about these people I'll feel differently but I doubt it.

#8 of 68 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted September 18 2010 - 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

I was really surprised, Brent, that Trump didn't shut her down and tell her off when she went off the way she did when the three women returned to the board room.  I know I would have enjoyed seeing him do it.  Posted Image

Same here. And to echo what Patrick said, it's too bad to see the best piece of eye candy go in the first episode. You'd think Trump would've kept a former beauty contestant around a little longer. Posted Image

#9 of 68 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,417 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 20 2010 - 08:35 AM

Brent, did you hear Trump say at the end that he was going to set up an interview for Nicole at the Miss Universe pageant?  Posted Image  FWIW, I suspect that her looks may have had something to do with how harshly the other women turned on her.  Maybe.  As for Mahsa, I knew right away that there was no way she would get fired early -- that kind of conflict makes for good TV!  Posted Image

I had no idea this was going to be on until the day it aired.  I was very happy to see it go back to the basics that made its first few seasons so good.

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#10 of 68 Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted September 28 2010 - 07:54 AM

Enjoyed the ice cream episode! I get a kick out of the fact that torwards the end the women were giving away free ice cream just to keep the men from getting any more sales.

NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON

#11 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,059 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 28 2010 - 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lucia Duran 

Enjoyed the ice cream episode! I get a kick out of the fact that torwards the end the women were giving away free ice cream just to keep the men from getting any more sales.

I was wondering if that tactic was tallied into their profit-margin at the conclusion of the challenge.

#12 of 68 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,417 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 28 2010 - 09:27 AM

My guess was that since the product was somewhat perishable, only the totals counted.

Bear in mind that we only see part of the boardroom meetings -- I'm sure the subject came up.  It probably just didn't get heated enough to air.  Posted Image

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#13 of 68 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,417 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 01 2010 - 05:52 AM

Was that the most obvious elimination in the history of reality competition shows?  Posted Image

#14 of 68 ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

• 438 posts

Posted October 02 2010 - 04:29 AM

I thought Dave deserved to go before the guy they ended up kicking off. Dave can't work with a team, he's very rude and has a huge inflated ego and serious anger problems. This weeks PM tried to be professional and took him away from the rest of the group to talk things over but Dave just told him to shut up. Very rude. He's been a problem on every task so far hasn't he? Judging by the previews for the next episode he will be again. Hopefully he gets the boot soon. I can't stand people who treat others like garbage.

#15 of 68 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted October 03 2010 - 04:41 AM

Yup, he seems to be a complete lunatic. I'm surprised Trump hasn't made a bigger issue out of that yet, but then again the crazy ones always make better TV so Dave will probably be around a little while longer. No chance in hell he would ever win the whole thing, though.

#16 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,059 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 03 2010 - 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by ChadMcCallum 

I thought Dave deserved to go before the guy they ended up kicking off. Dave can't work with a team, he's very rude and has a huge inflated ego and serious anger problems. This weeks PM tried to be professional and took him away from the rest of the group to talk things over but Dave just told him to shut up. Very rude. He's been a problem on every task so far hasn't he? Judging by the previews for the next episode he will be again. Hopefully he gets the boot soon. I can't stand people who treat others like garbage.

+1  James might not be an extremely talented businessman (who do you expect when you cast a lawyer on the show?) but David succeeding in making him look bad--which is unfortunate for him.

In the meantime...another lawyer on the show runs into some problems of her own...

And an update.

#17 of 68 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,417 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 04 2010 - 04:51 AM

They'll keep Dave and Mahsa around as long as possible for TV purposes.  Can you blame them?  Posted Image

Also, keep in mind that we don't see everything, and it seemed like every guy on the team hated James.  It had to be more than just not getting along with Dave.

As for Mahsa resigning from her job. . .aren't these shows taped well in advance?  Does this mean she's got other things lined up (either with Trump or elsewhere) already?

#18 of 68 ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

• 438 posts

Posted October 04 2010 - 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Brent M 

Yup, he seems to be a complete lunatic. I'm surprised Trump hasn't made a bigger issue out of that yet, but then again the crazy ones always make better TV so Dave will probably be around a little while longer. No chance in hell he would ever win the whole thing, though.

I started watching the show back during the Celebrity days and I was hoping it would be a bit more fair when it got back to normal people and reward the people who deserve it and punish those who don't but I guess that's not going to happen.

Someone on another board brought up a good point about Dave calling in his unemployment details. He's being payed to be on the show and I'm sure he's getting thousands of dollars to be there and that's probably increasing the longer he lasts so should he really be filing for unemployment when he's getting paid to be on the show?

#19 of 68 LynxFX

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted October 04 2010 - 11:07 AM

I started watching the show back during the Celebrity days and I was hoping it would be a bit more fair when it got back to normal people and reward the people who deserve it and punish those who don't but I guess that's not going to happen.

I've been watching since the beginning, and that is definitely not how this show works. Be loud, obnoxious, have fits of selected amnesia and you will go far on The Apprentice.

#20 of 68 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,417 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 05 2010 - 04:16 AM

Someone on another board brought up a good point about Dave calling in his unemployment details. He's being payed to be on the show and I'm sure he's getting thousands of dollars to be there and that's probably increasing the longer he lasts so should he really be filing for unemployment when he's getting paid to be on the show?

Are we sure about this?