Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie lookin for 3D Projector (not intelligent)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   AdamD777

AdamD777

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 02:22 PM

I'm lookin to purchase a 3D ready projector, where I can put on my shutter glasses and watch the newest 3D movies comin out.........in the comfort of my basement home theatre.

My question is .........what MODEL/BRAND of projector will best work for me? I am looking for a ceiling mountable 3D projector to watch movies. I'm not a big gamer, but great if it works for that as well. My price range is up to $700 (if possible).

I am looking on Newegg/Amazon, etc and there are a zillion makes/models, etc and I don't know what the heck is good/bad or what is crap or not. The ones that says 3D ready....(can I pick anyone of these).........some say PC gaming. Does that mean that some 3D projectors will not work with the new 3D movies, like Clash of the Titans, etc? Very confused with the whole 3D stuff...........

Can someone recommend a brand/model that would work for what I want? I'd be very thankful, because I'm looking to make a purchase soon.

Thanks ahead of time!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted September 14 2010 - 04:47 PM

There are two 3D ready projectors around that price: Optoma HD66 and Acer 5360. BUT, it's too early to know which will work with what. Read the reviews at Projectorcentral.com and Projectorreviews.com. You should wait to see what's announced at the Cedia show coming up.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,916 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted September 14 2010 - 05:13 PM

Pat, Parker and Ron are all going to CEDIA this year, and should be posting coverage throughout the show.  I'll sent them a note to keep and eye out for 3D front projectors.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   AdamD777

AdamD777

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 15 2010 - 12:51 PM

Will this mount work for the Optoma HD66 Projector? I have a drop-ceiling so need enough pole....

http://www.newegg.co...0-048-_-Product

Wanna make sure, cause I don't know what I'm doing!