What's new

Newbie lookin for 3D Projector (not intelligent) (1 Viewer)

AdamD777

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam DeLucca
I'm lookin to purchase a 3D ready projector, where I can put on my shutter glasses and watch the newest 3D movies comin out.........in the comfort of my basement home theatre.

My question is .........what MODEL/BRAND of projector will best work for me? I am looking for a ceiling mountable 3D projector to watch movies. I'm not a big gamer, but great if it works for that as well. My price range is up to $700 (if possible).

I am looking on Newegg/Amazon, etc and there are a zillion makes/models, etc and I don't know what the heck is good/bad or what is crap or not. The ones that says 3D ready....(can I pick anyone of these).........some say PC gaming. Does that mean that some 3D projectors will not work with the new 3D movies, like Clash of the Titans, etc? Very confused with the whole 3D stuff...........

Can someone recommend a brand/model that would work for what I want? I'd be very thankful, because I'm looking to make a purchase soon.

Thanks ahead of time!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
There are two 3D ready projectors around that price: Optoma HD66 and Acer 5360. BUT, it's too early to know which will work with what. Read the reviews at Projectorcentral.com and Projectorreviews.com. You should wait to see what's announced at the Cedia show coming up.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Pat, Parker and Ron are all going to CEDIA this year, and should be posting coverage throughout the show. I'll sent them a note to keep and eye out for 3D front projectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks