What's new

Kevin McCarthy (1914-2010) (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Best known for his role in the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers, I knew him from Twilight Zone: The Movie when I encountered him in Hawaii in 1984.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-kevin-mccarthy-20100913,0,7898882.story?track=rss

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Chas in CT

Damn.

Why? The man lived a very long life and died of natural causes at age 96. It's what we should all hope happens with us. He lived long enough to know how loved and appreciated his work was, and left behind children to carry on.

R.I.P., Mr. McCarthy

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi

Why? The man lived a very long life and died of natural causes at age 96. It's what we should all hope happens with us. He lived long enough to know how loved and appreciated his work was, and left behind children to carry on.

R.I.P., Mr. McCarthy

l could be wrong, but i think Charles was commenting on the fact that all the actors from our favorite childhood movies and TV shows are passing at a quick rate. Of course, that also reminds us of our own mortality.

May we all have as long a life as Mr. McCarthy!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
They can remake "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" as many times as they want, but they will never equal the original.....and for that Mr. McCarthy will never be forgotten.

R.I.P.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Man, he almost outlived Walter Jameson himself!

R.I.P. Kevin McCarthy

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, when the Twilight Zone blu ray arrives this week, I shall watch Long Live Walter Jameson.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
GET YOUR FEET OUT OF THE WATER!!!!!!!

RIP Mr. McCarthy, you have made some of my favorite B list movies that were better than most A list movies simply due to your presence.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I had the pleasure of seeing Kevin McCarthy a couple of times at repertory screenings where he spoke to the audience. He stuck me as a gracious man with a good sense of humor about himself. My two favorite films of his were INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS and the jazzy independent noir NIGHTMARE (both 1956). I will continue to enjoy those and the rest of his work.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Oh, that Nightmare sounds good. Another old favorite of mine that includes McCarthy is Mirage.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
One of my favorite Kevin McCarthy roles has to be from Joe Dante's Innerspace as Victor Scrimshaw:

Nuclear weapons, Jack. They mean nothing. Everybody's got them, nobody has the balls to use them. Am I right? Space, you say? Space is a flop. Didn't you know that? An endless junkyard of orbiting debris. Ah, but! - miniaturization, Jack. That's the ticket. That's the edge everyone is looking for. Who will have that edge, Jack? Which country will control minaturization? Frankly, I don't give a shit. I'm just in this for the money.

My signature below is a Kevin McCarthy quote from Piranha.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks