What's new

Survivor - Nicaragua - season 21 thread (1 Viewer)

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Looks to be a few interesting contestants - Jimmy Johnson seems to be an odd choice ... I miss Hantz already.

Can't wait for the new season and more luscious tropical HD beauty shots.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There's one of those "Preview" shows hosted by Parvati set to air tonight...on the TV Guide Channel...which I don't get. 8pm ET.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not sure I much liked anyone in the cast going by the opening episode, though Jimmy Johnson's strategy of propping himself as a person who just wants the experience and "knows" he can only help others win the game might garner him safety from a few early tribal councils, but I hope he can make it to the merge.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We'll never know for sure...but I think Jimmy Johnson's celebrity factor will likely take him a long way into the game...unless he really comes up as weak in the challenges and in helping around camp. I was surprised we didn't get a sense of him drifting into more of a leadership position than what we were shown. I would have thought that the others would have naturally thought, "well, he's a celebrity (and a coach)...he must know what to do. He's been on TV before." The power of celebrity--and its effect on others--is not to be underestimated.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Damn! Missed this. Usually there is a lot more

online hype about Survivor's premier episode.

I will have to go online tomorrow morning and

watch it on the CBS site. I'll program it into my

Tivo moving forward.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I hope Coach Johnson lasts a while because I am pulling for him. I don't know if he's going to make it very far. His physical ability to withstand the environment may be an issue down the road. Also, the whole celebrity status thing is definitely going to make him a target. Still, he's a good speaker and he has the ability to lead people without coming off as an annoying know it all.

Wendy's rambling speech at tribal was classic. Just a bizarre personality.

It's amazing to me that after 20 seasons, you have people still making the same mistakes out there in the social game. Ego is such a hard thing to overcome I guess.

Going off topic but did anyone catch the commercial for the upcoming season of Amazing Race? I don't think I have laughed as hard as I did seeing the scene where the watermelon slingshot backfired and launched the watermelon right back at her head and exploded on impact.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson

Dennis Hopper & Holly

Santana & Brenda

Conan & Jill

Emperor Augustus & Shannon

Geri & Jane

Winnie Cooper & Yve

Chet from FvF & Jimmy Johnson

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Was OK with the episode. Every season, non all stars, it always takes me a couple episodes to get into it from learning the new people. Fabio is a moron, was funny when he picked up the crab.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Loved Probst's barely contained annoyance when Wendy did her "Can I say just one more thing?" during TC.

...and there's a longer clip of the TAR clip online from CBS.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
CBS has the hidden immunity idol clue online here:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/photos/Hidden_Immunity_Idol_Clue_1/

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just watched the show online.

No really strong nor positive first impression of the
Survivors this year -- though I say the same exact

thing at the start of every game.

....and who wasn't happy that "chatterbox" was voted off first?!

Looking forward to the rest of this season. One of

my favorite shows.

(I miss Russell)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Coming off All-Stars this season the first episode was a HUGE disappointment, but things definitely picked up tonight in the entertainment department. So far I'm finding a majority of the contestants insufferable, but none more than Nanookie or whatever the hell her name is. Little miss attitude needs her ass booted off that island fast!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show has been on for over 10 years, but they are still able to find people who just aren't all that bright in terms of projecting themselves in a light that doesn't offend others enough to put their names on the parchment at tribal council. Weird. I guess there will always be people who don't see how they appear to others, and are in their own head space most of the time.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
That guy lived in his own little world. If you didn't know his age you would swear he was in high school based on his level of maturity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks