What's new

iPod Touch 4.0 Discussion (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am really looking forward to picking up the new iPod Touch especially since it has a built in mic now.

The cameras are cool but I was just reading that the rear camera is only 0.7MP. With this limited resolution it will be interesting to see what still shots look like with it both on the camera and as a downloaded file.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Packy -

Thanks for starting this!

I too am interested in upgrading my Zune to the new Touch and would like to hear any opinions about it from those who have one before pulling the trigger.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/07/ipod-touch-review-2010/

About halfway down for comments on the photos. You won't replace your point-and-shoot with a sub-megapixel phone camera.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I (cynically?) think that the "size" and "cost" factors are red herrings: Apple does not want the iPod Touch to compete with the iPhone. There's no reason not to make and sell an iPod Touch that is an iPhone in all regards--GPS included--except for the exclusion of the cell-radio. Even priced at $599, it would sell.

But for whatever "halo" or AT&T-contract or product-lineup reasons, they want the iPod Touch to be distinctly inferior to the iPhone.

Not that the iPod Touch is a poor device. It's in class of its own with no competition from any other company, Android-OS or otherwise. But it's starkly inferior to iPhone.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I decided to use some Best Buy Reward Zone points and pick up a iPod 4 and compared to my 2nd generation it is night and day better. I love the cameras and the addition of a built in mic. I was pleasantly surprised with the video and picture quality given the limitations of the cameras. I was able to use FaceTime with Ron the other day and it worked great.The only issue with FaceTime that I have had is that I cannot initiate the call myself using the other person's email. They can call me but not the other way around. I always get a message that the person I am trying to reach is not available through FaceTime.

Overall I am very pleased with the purchase. I am going to try out some VOIP software and see how that works.

I would love to hear from others that have picked up one of these new units and their thoughts.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks