What's new

When Things Were Rotten - Nov. 16th, 2010! (1 Viewer)

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Noticed that TVShowsonDVD.com is reporting that amazon.com has now taken down its preorder page on WTWR... However, the amazon.ca page is still functioning fine and has taken my order for a Nov. 16 release. Xing my fingers...

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Noticed that TVShowsonDVD.com is reporting that amazon.com has now taken down its preorder page on WTWR... However, the amazon.ca page is still functioning fine and has taken my order for a Nov. 16 release. Xing my fingers...

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^Yep I saw the notice of removal today as well. Hopefully it's only temporary and will return soon!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
"Once upon a time when things were rotten...
not just bad, but really rotten..."

I've always been curious to find out if this show would hold up well. I'd love the chance to find out.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
For the few fans of this show, just received an email update from Amazon.ca that the full hilarious season of When Things Were Rotten! is being delayed from Nov. 23 to Dec. 14th ship date.

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
Originally Posted by shoeshineboy
According to amazon.ca, you will get a chance to see how it holds up as they still list it with a Nov. 16th street date... I don't know why amazon.com is listing it as 'we'll contact you when we get news...'

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00408C6K0/ref=oss_product
Amazon.ca is listing it as "currently unavailable". I doubt it would have sold out that quickly.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
I am just quoting from the email that amazon.ca sent me, as i preordered it...

Hello from Amazon.ca.
We wanted to let you know there's a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on September 01 2010 (Order# ******************).

"When Things Were Rotten: Complete TV Series (2pc)"
Estimated ship date: December 14 2010

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Tim Gregerson
whats taking so long for when things were rotten to released I would like to add it
Having a release date pushed back a few weeks is not an uncommon thing, Tim. Especially when it gets into the last quarter. The studios and production houses are pushing out a lot of material right now.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Unfortunately, it looks like the dvd premier release of Mel Brooks' 'When Things Were Rotten' has been postponed/cancelled... What was looking to be a prized release of one of may top-five single-season shows was just a tease. I'd sure like to know why it was promised and then withdrawn -- lack of pre-sales?

Here's amazon.ca bearing the bad news...

Hello from Amazon.ca.
We're sorry to report we won't be able to obtain the following item from your order:
"When Things Were Rotten: Complete TV Series (2pc)"
Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it's not available from any of our sources at this time. We realize this is disappointing news to receive, and we apologize for any inconvenience we've caused you.

We must apologize also for the length of time it's taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we'd still hoped to obtain this item for you.

We've cancelled this item from your order.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Neil Brock said:
Coming soon.
Can you offer more then that?
Is it going to be released in a month or two or just bumping?

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
And Neil said it would never come out, because CBS took another look at the show, and realized how awful it was.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Someone sold a cut out on Amazon for $19.99 a few months ago, so there must have been some kind of press.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
TVShowsonDVD.com now reports this to be back on the schedule.
The problem is that it's part of a set called "The Incredible Mel Brooks" that is 6 disks with the following reported content:
  • Brooks & Cavett: Together Again
  • I Thought I Was Taller: A Short History Of Mel Brooks
  • An Audience With Mel Brooks
  • Excavating The 2000 Year Old Man
  • Mel And His Movies, a New Five-Part Look Back
  • Vintage Appearances on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson and The Dick Cavett Show
  • Episodes of Get Smart, When Things Were Rotten and Mad About You
  • In the Beginning: The Caesar Years
  • Short Films, Tributes and Rare Footage
  • New Introductions by Mel
  • CD With Long-Lost Comedy Bits and Songs From Mel’s Movies
  • 60-Page Book Featuring Rare Photos, Program Notes and Essays by Leonard Maltin, Gene Wilder, Bruce Jay Friedman and Robert Brustein
That line: Episodes of... When Things Were Rotten... is the one that gets me. *How many* episodes? I like Brooks' work but have little interest in anything on that set other than When Things Were Rotten. That makes the MSRP of $89.93 a bit steep for me... Especially so if all the episodes are not included. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks