What's new

Dancing With The Stars Season 11 (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I think it is a pretty unlikeable cast, especially after last year. Kurt Warner is a great pull, as is the (sadly) unrecognizable Jennifer Grey (hit the audience sweet spot on that one). Brandy is the ringer. I'll see what my wife says. I just want to see who Cheryl is paired with.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I felt really old when Jennifer Grey announced that she was 50 years old.

I'm not feeling this group of "stars" either. Maybe it's the lack of personality, or maybe the level of performance just doesn't seem like it'll be all that high for a group of the top 4-5 "stars" this season.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Someone pointed out that this is "Kate" fallout. Ratings were high with a "star" people watched to dislike. So they added a few like that. It is a gamble.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
FYI, updated the first post to include the professional partners.

Yes, talk about Kate fall out. I agree Palin is only in there for similar reasons and her name comes up a lot now. Even Barbara Walters commented on The View how could they pick her, she is not a "star". So they got the buzz they wanted with her casting.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It was a decent start to the season. Florence Henderson looks to be the best-dancing Token Old Person yet (but no more flashing, please). Jennifer Grey's little moment when she was learning her routine was kinda touching, but cheapened later when the judges tried to milk it and make her cry.

First to go: My guess is Margaret Cho. Of the three-way tie for lowest score, she's almost certainly got the smallest fan base outside the show.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought the Hoff didn't look too smooth.

I agree Cho didn't do herself a favor, her comedy routine didn't work, but I'm not so sure she'll be the first cut.

Palin got through it and will survive through votes.

I saw Erin Andrews on GMA today and she thought Bolton might be the first cut.

Kinda tough to know whose first to go. I'm leaning towards Cho too, but I have a feeling she might make it one more week.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I heard that Michael Bolton scored a 3 from one of the judges for his efforts. I think even Master P never never raked in a 3 in the scoring.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, and the judges were pretty harsh too in their critique. But Bruno chided Len for being so harsh on Bolton. Looks like he could be the next one out. But after seeing The Hoff go last week, no one seems safe.

It was pretty smart for Sarah Palin to wait till this week to come to the show and watch.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
No, it was Len who chided Bruno. Bruno said it was the worst quick-step in the history of the show.

Personally, I was pretty shocked that a seasoned professional musician like Michael Bolton appeared to have absolutely no sense of rhythm. It was like he couldn't hear the music or something.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally saw Monday night's performances, and was actually surprised by some of the dancing by the stars. I'll see if I can make time to see the first week of performance this weekend.

Bristol Palin is much taller than I had expected, and she moved relatively well.

Jennifer Grey is hampered by a bad neck, otherwise, you can tell she really wants to go for it.

Brandy is still living in her own world, so her performances are "off".

Kyle Massey is a showman, but I don't find his dancing all that crisp.

Audrina Patridge has lots of potential, just needs to work on character, and refinement in technique.

Florence Henderson is pretty spry for 76.

Michael Bolton was a stiff dancer (Marlee Mitlin, who's deaf, had better musicality).

The Situation is average, but he's probably having the time of his life with.

Kurt Warner is decent, dances like a large guy, not sure if he has the snap to his toe-flicks to sell the faster dances.

Rick Fox is also decent, provides a large frame, but not sure if he has the confidence to sell his dances.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Is is me, or is Karina less "icy" this season. She actually seems like she's fun to be around, and I never got that vibe in the past.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I get the feeling that Karina wants to jump "The Situation" as she can't keep her hands off him and is smiling and laughing like a school girl

the whole she is around him. She was that way with Mario Lopez. Whenever Karina as been stuck with someone that she isn't

attracted to she barely puts in the effort. And with "The Situation" pretty much ignoring Karina except to learn how to dance that makes

him even more attractive to her.

The show has been more evenly matched with the dancers this year as there are no "ringers" in the bunch. Brandy is an ok dancer but

is all over the place with her arms. My favorite dancers so far are Jennifer and Audrina.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm ready for Cho to go, as well as Bristol the Pistol. It'll be a little sad when Florence goes, though. I've been surprised by Audrina. I think Jennifer will cracked under the pressure of all the expectations, plus being paired with Derek raises the expectations even more. I sort of like the pairing between Kurt and Anna.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sad to see Florance go last week. Jennifer did crack last night, she looked almost like she was on something. Bristol has raised her game. I think Kurt could be going tonight. Audrina is a surprise, though she didn't win over the judges, just needs to put all the elements together and she could come in second.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't believe that Drew Lachey/Cheryl Burke free style was the top dance number (so far) in DwtS history. That was more of a hot mess, with Drew out of sync at times, and not executed as well as it could have been. But the #2 dance with Gilles and Cheryl was the bomb!

I don't really enjoy watching Brandy dance, even if she's getting high marks of late.

Jennifer is really over-doing it, and that was a messy number last night.

Kurt did the worst, and looked really uncomfortable.

Audrina is still not quite there in terms of performance.

Bristol is improving, but leaves me cold.

Rick sort of lumbers at times.

Kyle is fun, and really worked to reign in his own dance impulses. Just glad Lacey is still in the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks