Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dead HDMI inputs on Sony Bravia

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Stiffy

Stiffy

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted August 29 2010 - 08:29 AM

I need some tech help here. Last night fell asleep with TV on (Sony KDL-52v5100). When I changed channels this morning I lost my video and got sporadic sound through the AVR. I Chased the problem back to the TV. It seems all my HDMI (4) are dead. Display works,( I get the "Bravia" and "no signal" msg). I cannot check component input as I do not have any cables. The system works fine when another TV is connected. I believe the problem may be the Digital Video Board it contains all the inputs for the TV. Does any body know if this board is "plug n play" or does it need to be soldered in? Has anybody had this problem? Does it sound like I am on the right track? I found the board for about $50.00 the TV is 3 weeks out of warranty (parts only.. anyway)  If I can remedy this on my own it would be much cheaper. Also I have had this TV recently ISF calibrated are those settings on this board? Thanks for any and all info.

Chris

oops....Guess I should have posted this under TVs, Displays.

Stiffy's Stuff,
Sony KDL-52V
LG-BD390
Onkyo TX-SR707

Emotiva XPA-3

SVS SBS -01(4), SCS-01©,PC12-NSD (Sub),
Logitech Harmony 900

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users