Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

iPhone4 vs iPad 3G

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Dennis*G

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor

• 524 posts

Posted August 28 2010 - 03:11 PM

For those of you that have both devices, is your AT&T signal strength the same on both devices?  (assuming you have the updates on both)  I'm just curious as I am walking around with my 3G iPad and seeing the signal if I can expect the same when I get the iPhone (whenever that damn white one comes out)

#2 of 4 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,449 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted August 28 2010 - 03:47 PM

The 4.0.1 iOS update on the iPhone has the signal strength fix that the iPad can not have until iOS 4 hits later this year.  So there is no way to compare reception, unless you never updated the software on the iPhone (which I have).  Sorry...

#3 of 4 Dennis*G

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor

• 524 posts

Posted August 28 2010 - 03:52 PM

Well, I thought the iPad 3.2.1 also had the fix for signal strength put into it, but I see it was not.  Well, there goes that option!

#4 of 4 DaveF

DaveF

• 13,191 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted August 31 2010 - 03:39 AM

To make it more complex: that software change is nothing more than a change to the "bars" -- an improvement in UI but no actual change in the phone's performance (unless they lowered the threshold for dropping a call).

As the iPad and iPhone have different body designs, and so different antenna designs, you can't know how reception on one will behave based on the "bars" of the other. Or so I'd expect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users