What's new

2011: Choice btwn "stalled" and never released TV Shows (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

Dear Guys;

A hypothetical question that won't effect anything. For 2011, if you were the ruler of the universe, and you could either choose between "stalled" tv shows making their DVD releases, and other programs that haven't made it out on digital yet, what decision would you make.

Stalled shows could include anything like: Newhart, Bob Newhart, Las Vegas, Love Boat, Hart to Hart, Fantasy Island, Bonanza, St. Elsewhere, etc shows that didn't get their complete runs out on DVD before getting "stalled" by poor sales *supposedly."

As for myself, I would chose shows that haven't come out on DVD yet, because there's only three series of mine that haven't gotten roadblocked (Superboy, Xiaolin Showdown, Animaniacs)

Yeah! I know it's a stupid question, but it's fun.

James

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
James

You always come up the the good question. This one's a tough one for me but I'd have to go with "completing stalled shows" for now. There are so many that are stalled or possibly abandoned that I'd have to choose this over unreleased shows.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Hereis another vote for completing stalled shows. I would love to finish "Hill St. Blues, Barney Miller, The Big Valley, St. Elsewhere". There are a great many unfinished series that have already been mentioned that I would hope to see finished before the studios release other shows that may also wind up on this list.

Doug

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

Any others? Bump!

Again, I'm the only one voting for more unreleased programs: Quite a few on my list: Jake 2.0, Salvage 1, Kids From CAPER, Man From Atlantis, the Magician, Unidentified Flying Space Nuts, Baby Blues, Young Maverick, Spy Games, When Things Were Rotten, Wizards and Warriors etc.

Can I help it if I have eclectic interests

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

You always come up the the good question.

Thanks! But that's because I don't have too many answers. And I like to get my responses from the best.

James

/forum/thread/303274/2011-choice-btwn-stalled-and-never-released-tv-shows#post_3722011

ThatDonGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don Del Grande

Originally Posted by JamesSmith

Again, I'm the only one voting for more unreleased programs: Quite a few on my list: Jake 2.0, Salvage 1, Kids From CAPER, Man From Atlantis, the Magician, Unidentified Flying Space Nuts, Baby Blues, Young Maverick, Spy Games, When Things Were Rotten, Wizards and Warriors etc.

Can I help it if I have eclectic interests

I'm surprised Baby Blues isn't out on DVD, considering how many other short-run animated series like The Oblongs, Mission Hill, and Father of the Pride are.

Then again, supposedly there are 26 episodes of Baby Blues (as opposed to 13 each of the others), so maybe Warner doesn't want to go through the added expense.

I'd like to see When Things Were Rotten released as well (I only got to see about half of the episodes in its original run).

Nailwraps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony DiPaola
I would release The Snorks, Animaniacs Volume 4 (for the fans), The Wonder Years (for my mom), The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5, Muppets Tonight, Complete Season Sets of Droids and Ewoks, more Tiny Toon Adventures, Bonkers, Amazing Animals, and The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I, for one, would like to see studios attempt to finish what they started. The last thing we need is more one-and-dones.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Replying to the original post:

That's an interesting dilemna, either the stalled shows or the shows which you'd really like to see on DVD. I would go for the stalled shows (Cold Squad, Knots Landing. Mannix and Quincy, M.E.).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'd have to go with complete the stalled shows even if it's titles I do not collect.

While there are many unreleased shows I'd love to have on DVD I feel that if a series starts with full season sets then the studio/distributor/etc. should commit to complete the series, even if sales don't live up to expectations, out of loyalty to those fans who want the entire series.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
i would like to see stalled series completed (1-800 Missing, Cold Squad, This Is Wonderland, Touched By An Angel etc)and some short series complete series at least those would be complete after one release (Women's Murder Club, New Amsterdam, Jake 2.0, UC Undercover etc)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'd have to go with stalled shows. While there are still some neat shows out there that have yet to be released, there are more stalled shows I'd like to see completed than new ones that haven't been released at all. I bet I could name off three or four dozen stalled out shows I'd like to see completed. Yes, I could name off even more never released shows, but only a few of them would be really, really important series to me. So I'd still go with stalled out shows being finished.

Gary "Rawhide tops my list right now as far as favorites being stalled out" O.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Only the CBS/Paramount Rawhide releases are stalled. Season four is arriving at the end of September from Madman, as I mentioned in another thread. With the price (shipping included) being about what you'd pay for both volumes of a split season in the U.S., I'm surprised you're not picking this up, Gary. Even if the episodes aren't remastered into HD like seasons two and three, I'm sure that they will look as good or better than season one, where no HD remastering was done.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Another vote for stalled series. And there's a lot of them!

Most if not all of my favorite shows are already out on DVD. The only favorite show that I can think of at the moment that hasn't been released on DVD is The Wonder Years. And by the looks of it, that series may never see the light of day on DVD. And as far as I am concerned, that show doesn't exist in the DVD world.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks