Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

2011: Choice btwn "stalled" and never released TV Shows

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 of 32 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 851 posts

Posted August 22 2010 - 12:59 AM

Dear Guys;

A hypothetical question that won't effect anything. For 2011, if you were the ruler of the universe, and you could either choose between "stalled" tv shows making their DVD releases, and other programs that haven't made it out on digital yet, what decision would you make.

Stalled shows could include anything like: Newhart, Bob Newhart, Las Vegas, Love Boat, Hart to Hart, Fantasy Island, Bonanza, St. Elsewhere, etc shows that didn't get their complete runs out on DVD before getting "stalled" by poor sales *supposedly."

As for myself, I would chose shows that haven't come out on DVD yet, because there's only three series of mine that haven't gotten roadblocked (Superboy, Xiaolin Showdown, Animaniacs)

Yeah! I know it's a stupid question, but it's fun.

James

#2 of 32 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted August 22 2010 - 05:39 AM

James /img/vbsmilies/htf/cool.gif

You always come up the the good question.  This one's a tough one for me but I'd have to go with "completing stalled shows" for now.  There are so many that are stalled or possibly abandoned that I'd have to choose this over unreleased shows.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#3 of 32 OFFLINE   Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen

Supporting Actor

• 649 posts

Posted August 22 2010 - 06:40 AM

Hereis another vote for completing stalled shows.  I would love to finish "Hill St. Blues, Barney Miller, The Big Valley, St. Elsewhere".  There are a great many unfinished series that have already been mentioned that I would hope to see finished before the studios release other shows that may also wind up on this list.

Doug

a:5:{s:9:"signature

#4 of 32 OFFLINE   Arnie G

Arnie G

Supporting Actor

• 662 posts

Posted August 22 2010 - 11:27 AM

Stalled, I vote for Mary Hartman

I've got my own Toto

#5 of 32 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 851 posts

Posted August 24 2010 - 09:57 PM

Any others? Bump!

Again, I'm the only one voting for more unreleased programs: Quite a few on my list: Jake 2.0, Salvage 1, Kids From CAPER, Man From Atlantis, the Magician, Unidentified Flying Space Nuts, Baby Blues, Young Maverick, Spy Games, When Things Were Rotten, Wizards and Warriors etc.

Can I help it if I have eclectic interests

#6 of 32 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 851 posts

Posted August 25 2010 - 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff Willis 

James /img/vbsmilies/htf/cool.gif

You always come up the the good question.

Thanks! But that's because I don't have too many answers.  And I like to get my responses from the best.

James

#7 of 32 OFFLINE   ThatDonGuy

ThatDonGuy

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted August 25 2010 - 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by JamesSmith 

Again, I'm the only one voting for more unreleased programs: Quite a few on my list: Jake 2.0, Salvage 1, Kids From CAPER, Man From Atlantis, the Magician, Unidentified Flying Space Nuts, Baby Blues, Young Maverick, Spy Games, When Things Were Rotten, Wizards and Warriors etc.

Can I help it if I have eclectic interests

I'm surprised Baby Blues isn't out on DVD, considering how many other short-run animated series like The Oblongs, Mission Hill, and Father of the Pride are.

Then again, supposedly there are 26 episodes of Baby Blues (as opposed to 13 each of the others), so maybe Warner doesn't want to go through the added expense.

I'd like to see When Things Were Rotten released as well (I only got to see about half of the episodes in its original run).

#8 of 32 OFFLINE   Nailwraps

Nailwraps

Stunt Coordinator

• 75 posts

Posted August 25 2010 - 06:53 AM

I would release The Snorks, Animaniacs Volume 4 (for the fans), The Wonder Years (for my mom), The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5, Muppets Tonight, Complete Season Sets of Droids and Ewoks, more Tiny Toon Adventures, Bonkers, Amazing Animals, and The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show.

#9 of 32 ONLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,271 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted August 25 2010 - 07:25 AM

I, for one, would like to see studios attempt to finish what they started. The last thing we need is more one-and-dones.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#10 of 32 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,110 posts

Posted August 25 2010 - 09:58 AM

Replying to the original post:

That's an interesting dilemna, either the stalled shows or the shows which you'd really like to see on DVD. I would go for the stalled shows (Cold Squad, Knots Landing. Mannix and Quincy, M.E.).

#11 of 32 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,649 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted August 25 2010 - 02:27 PM

I'd have to go with complete the stalled shows even if it's titles I do not collect.

While there are many unreleased shows I'd love to have on DVD I feel that if a series starts with full season sets then the studio/distributor/etc. should commit to complete the series, even if sales don't live up to expectations, out of loyalty to those fans who want the entire series.

#12 of 32 OFFLINE   nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted August 26 2010 - 01:56 AM

i would like to see stalled series completed (1-800 Missing, Cold Squad, This Is Wonderland, Touched By An Angel etc)and some short series complete series at least those would be complete after one release (Women's Murder Club, New Amsterdam, Jake 2.0, UC Undercover etc)

#13 of 32 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted August 31 2010 - 02:47 AM

Stalled and unreleased series would be my choice.

#14 of 32 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,571 posts

Posted August 31 2010 - 03:37 AM

I'd have to go with stalled shows.  While there are still some neat shows out there that have yet to be released, there are more stalled shows I'd like to see completed than new ones that haven't been released at all.   I bet I could name off three or four dozen stalled out shows I'd like to see completed.  Yes, I could name off even more never released shows, but only a few of them would be really, really important series to me.  So I'd still go with stalled out shows being finished.

Gary "Rawhide tops my list right now as far as favorites being stalled out" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#15 of 32 OFFLINE   ToddR2

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted August 31 2010 - 06:39 AM

Only the CBS/Paramount Rawhide releases are stalled. Season four is arriving at the end of September from Madman, as I mentioned in another thread. With the price (shipping included) being about what you'd pay for both volumes of a split season in the U.S., I'm surprised you're not picking this up, Gary. Even if the episodes aren't remastered into HD like seasons two and three, I'm sure that they will look as good or better than season one, where no HD remastering was done.

#16 of 32 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,000 posts

Posted August 31 2010 - 08:18 AM

The Adam West Batman series would have my vote.

#17 of 32 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,110 posts

Posted August 31 2010 - 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisCook 

Stalled and unreleased series would be my choice.

Isn't that both options? /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

#18 of 32 OFFLINE   Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted September 03 2010 - 07:30 PM

Another vote for stalled series. And there's a lot of them!

Most if not all of my favorite shows are already out on DVD. The only favorite show that I can think of at the moment that hasn't been released on DVD is The Wonder Years. And by the looks of it, that series may never see the light of day on DVD. And as far as I am concerned, that show doesn't exist in the DVD world.

Music Video of the Week (Feb. 8th-14th):
 ("Hands To Heaven" sung by Breathe)

"I Love Lucy wasn't just a title" ~ Desi Arnaz
"Desi Arnaz was the love of my life" ~ Lucille Ball

#19 of 32 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 851 posts

Posted September 20 2010 - 01:59 PM

Bump!

James

#20 of 32 OFFLINE   JamesSmith