Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question on Harman Kardon AVR 230

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 kvining

kvining

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted August 17 2010 - 09:21 AM

Hi, new to the forum, hoping I can get a question answered.  I have picked up a nice used HK AVR 230 6.1.  On the back, I have a section of outputs called "pre amp" outputs, with one set of outputs for each surround channel.  I am a little confused by the name - does it mean this is a signal that can be sent to a seperate pre-amp, or is it a pre-amplified signal that can be sent direct to a power amplifier, with the volume controlled by the HK ?  

Thanks!

#2 of 3 gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,656 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted August 17 2010 - 03:11 PM

It's a low-level (not amplified) signal sent to an amplifier. Much like any audio signal between, say, a cd player and a receiver using audio cables. When connected to an amplifier the H/K will control the volume.

"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 3 kvining

kvining

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted August 18 2010 - 08:47 AM

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users