Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What are you playing right now?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
953 replies to this topic

#401 of 954 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,578 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 06:00 AM

Borderlands 2 is hard compared to B1 and I cannot imagine trying to use a game console controller on top of that.  PC all the way! :)  Then on the second pass it gets much much harder for solo play.

#402 of 954 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,875 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted March 27 2013 - 07:59 AM

Tomb Raider does look pretty good.  Just hope there's not cinematics all over the place.  gameplay clips look like that...  sadly, I have yet to complete a single TR game even though I have nearly all of them. 

Tragedy in my life yesterday.  :(  I had just built 2 huge mountaintop towers with torches pointing the way back to my Minecraft farm/mining operation (was going to do towers on all sides) but I got blowed up by one of those exploding penises right next to my huge chicken pen (more fried chicks than a KFC, I'm sure.  :(  ), and was sent back to the bedroom of my old crappy dirt house I first built in my Minecraft world.  I'd gotten lost before, and just settled in a terrific area I was LIKING!  :angry:   I did leave some stuff behind in that old place so I packed it up, with suffient tools/weapons and proceeded to get killed AGAIN!  ...anger follows, I set off with nothing and ended up on a deserted island with a few wooden weapons/tools hiding out in a cold narrow enclosure.  It's rough, I tell ya, ROUGH!    Cooling off now, I'm going to head in a direction I think might be it (riiiight!) and after that I'll find another place to settle and start over.  I'll eventually find the place I was enjoying since I never really traveled THAT far away from the old place, and I left markers all over.  I should have followed those.  if I get taken out again I'll fix up that old dirt place into a palace and continue from there.  It'll just be a fun thing to attempt, finding that other place.  ...  Minecraft is crazy.  My arms were hurting badly this morning.  I need to talk to my doc about that.  My body is rejecting the Minecraft world.  But like a really good illegal wreck-your-life drug, I continuing doing it!  :wub:

Edited by Radioman970, March 27 2013 - 08:02 AM.

Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#403 of 954 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,259 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 08:56 AM

Tomb Raider is freakin amazing!  I've been playing Video Games since pong, and this definitely ranks up there as one of the best.  If you love Uncharted then definitely pick this one up.  I think it's better than uncharted.

-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#404 of 954 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,091 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted March 30 2013 - 03:48 PM

It's a big night in the DaveF household: ejected Fallout 3 to install Bioshock Infinite!

Edited by DaveF, March 30 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#405 of 954 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,023 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted March 30 2013 - 06:11 PM

I've been playing Bioshock Infinite today.. it is definitely different, the storyline is really pretty compelling.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#406 of 954 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,091 posts

Posted March 30 2013 - 08:11 PM

I played the intro, got past the Fireman. I like it. It's a tough comparison, because the original is brilliant. Stylistically, it's a neat change from enclosed underwater to wide open sky. And thematically it moves from mocking Ayn-Randian, atheistic individualism to now taking on organized religion and (it seems) nationalism.

#407 of 954 OFFLINE   Don Giro

Don Giro

Supporting Actor

• 817 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted April 01 2013 - 02:54 AM

I picked up Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider on Saturday, thanks to some gift cards I got for Christmas.  I played Bioshock for a few hours yesterday, and I'm impressed, to say the least.  It maked me want to go back and play the first game, which I never really got around to playing for more than an hour.  More coments in the Bioshock Infinite thread...

When she embraces, your heart turns to stone
She comes at night, when you're all alone
And when she whispers, your blood shall run cold
You'd better hide before she finds you...

#408 of 954 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,875 posts

Posted April 01 2013 - 03:49 PM

Nice new farm and house now in MC.  Trying to get chickens going.  I led 1 from far away, but having trouble making eggs hatch chicks.  So i still have 1 but a lot of broken eggs.  :(

Venturing across the land on all 4 sides and leaving torches.  Hoping to find the starting area so I can find my way back should I die.  Really amazing to last as long as I have been.  Really is a lot of the challenge when you leave the spawn area and live somewhere else. 

Hoping to find some diamond.  I let water into an underground lava area.  Hoping to get there and dig around for some. 

Edited by Radioman970, April 01 2013 - 03:52 PM.

Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#409 of 954 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,976 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted April 02 2013 - 09:13 AM

I'm still playing Skyrim BECAUSE IT NEVER ENDS! Well, it kind of does, I just finished up Dawnguard for the most part. Just have to clear a couple of radiant quests. Looks like a new patch is eminent on the consoles so I'm going to wait for that before starting Dragon Born and building my last house in order to pop a trophy.

Anyway, Dawnguard was a bit of fun, but also a bit "That's it?" at the end as it seems to ramp up and end pretty quick.

#410 of 954 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 03 2013 - 06:31 AM

Good to hear that Tomb Raider is, in fact, Unchartedesque. Although I still have yet to play Uncharted 3. :) Or Bioshock 2, for that matter.

There was a great post on The American Conservative (a very good site for moderate/ intellectual conservative political articles) the other day, mocking right-wing bloggers who are up in arms over Bioshock Infinite's storyline. I won't get into it here, for obvious reasons, but if that sort of thing entertains you, it's worth checking out. :)

As for what I'm playing. . .I recently started playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance with my son, but after a few sessions our save file got corrupted and it refused to let us save at all. :( I have to check to see if it's just something with the game or if my HD is actually messed up. Sigh. . .

Edited by Aaron Silverman, April 03 2013 - 06:33 AM.

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#411 of 954 OFFLINE   Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 863 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted April 03 2013 - 07:25 AM

I am perhaps the biggest Uncharted fan I know - so I LOVED Tomb Raider. Finished it a week and a half back or so. Once of my top games of the past few years for sure.

About 30-35% into Bioshock right now, and i'm enjoying it. After that I'm playing a hidden gem called Binary Domain.

#412 of 954 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,875 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 08:50 AM

I haven't finished Bioshock 1.  I think I'm close, been playing for years.  I have BS2 onhand... looking forward to it.  Maybe when this new one is $10 I'll be done with those! 

Still...  Minecraft.  I have a temporary real world house guest (little dog handed to me by a lady in the park, she was desperate afraid of being thrown out of her apartment for having the dog and had nobody who wanted her, what could I do.. it's an awesome well kept mini-pin, just sits there watching me and figuring me out!  Luckily, I already have her a good home, my ma wants her... she'll love this dog) it cut into my Minecraft time yesterday.  So need to make up for that today.  I hope my arms last.  I was far far away from my nicely built up place.  Amazing, the excitement of just traveling away and risking getting lost again.  Of course, Hansel & Gretal were amateurs compared to me... breadcrumbs?  Ha!  Torches everywhere point the way back.  Also, little stayover cabins all over the place with workbenches and furnaces, plus storage boxes.  But the terrain is crazy varied along the way.  Really hoping they do a Minecraft 2 with even more zaniness.  More humanoid types, and dangerous daytime creatures too.  MC has become one of my most fav games.  I also want to fire up Terrania since I remember it being similar but with more structure, which is good. 

#413 of 954 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,976 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted April 03 2013 - 08:56 AM

I really have to look into this Minecraft stuff. I thought it was just building things, there's actual adventure and getting killed? Are you raided by online players?

#414 of 954 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 03 2013 - 12:14 PM

Someone just handed you a dog in the park? Are you sure it was really hers?

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#415 of 954 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,875 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 12:48 PM

I really have to look into this Minecraft stuff. I thought it was just building things, there's actual adventure and getting killed? Are you raided by online players?

There is a multiplayer version you can play but I haven't tried it yet.  The single player version does have human villiagers.  I encountered them once but they were all killed over time and their houses, gardens, sheep fields just left there.  A shame...  :(  ;)   they were right next to my spawn area so I need to find that again in hopes they've returned.  It's rather detailed what they do.  I was just reading that village children will play tag.  :D   

Wonderful adventures that you make yourself..  it's not real structured, but very open ended for 1000s of miles of endless exploration.  HERE   ( http://www.minecraft.../Minecraft_Wiki ) is a website dedicated to all you can do in the game.  Warning LOTS of spoilers. 

I made it back to my newer house after almost getting blown up.  I brought one chicken (that almost got blown up as well, and I lost his 2 friends that were with us RIP) with me to match the other I had already and now I have all the chickens I want.  Plus some jungle saplings (cocoa beans!!!) and a few other things.

I remembered several things you can do in the game to keep from getting lost.  I've probably had enough spoilers. 

Finding it hard to play anything other this. 

Edited by Radioman970, April 03 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#416 of 954 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,875 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 01:02 PM

Someone just handed you a dog in the park? Are you sure it was really hers?

that thought did cross my mind.  But she gave me her cell, and I gave her my home phone.  She called later levaing a message on my machine saying she had some food leftover and I could have it.  I forgot her cell so I can't call her back to get the address.  But I do know the apartment building. Hopefully I'll see her out there and can let her know the dog has a home with someone. 

the dog is in very good shape.  This area is not known for it humane conditions with pets.  I've called AC and the police many many times for reasons that would leave you sad about the state of humanity when it comes to pets.  

#417 of 954 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,091 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 04:08 PM

I haven't finished Bioshock 1.  I think I'm close, been playing for years.  I have BS2 onhand... looking forward to it.  Maybe when this new one is $10 I'll be done with those! 

you have got to straighten out your priorities! ;)

#418 of 954 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,875 posts

Posted April 04 2013 - 03:51 AM

you have got to straighten out your priorities! ;)

I know..  :(  In my defence, the graphics went a little wonky after my PC upgrade (well, probably PC upgrade #2 haha!) ... but now it works fine so there is no excuse.  It is one of my most played games on steam so I'm trying! 

#419 of 954 OFFLINE   Dheiner

Dheiner

Gazoo

• 1,882 posts
  • Location'skonsen

Posted April 04 2013 - 05:51 AM

I'm still playing Skyrim BECAUSE IT NEVER ENDS! Well, it kind of does, I just finished up Dawnguard for the most part. Just have to clear a couple of radiant quests. Looks like a new patch is eminent on the consoles so I'm going to wait for that before starting Dragon Born and building my last house in order to pop a trophy.

Anyway, Dawnguard was a bit of fun, but also a bit "That's it?" at the end as it seems to ramp up and end pretty quick.

Hey Russell

Does Dawnguard require Vampirism and if so is it permanent?

The Green Bay Packers
13-Time National Football League Champions: 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, & 2010

#420 of 954 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,976 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted April 04 2013 - 06:59 AM

Hey Russell

Does Dawnguard require Vampirism and if so is it permanent?

Hey! it does require Vampirism, and it doesn't. You can play the whole expansion fighting for the Dawnguard and never become a vampire. If you are a werewolf and become a vampire then you lose being a werewolf. I presume you can go back to the Companions and get re-wolfed, but I've not explored it. The thing is though, they introduce two new perk trees, one for werewolf and one for vampires, and the only way to get the perk points to fill t is to eat people as a werewolf and vampire. Of course there is an achievement for doing each of these so you may want to do them if you're a trophy hunter.

I played the game fighting the vampires as a member of the Dawnguard so what I did before choosing sides was turn into a werewolf and go on a massive kill spree the likes of which has never been seen. solitude will never be the same. It took about an hour or so to kill the 120 odd people necessary to max out the wolf perk tree. I saved the game after the carnage, a work mate mentioned to me after the fact that I could of done all that, popped the trophy and then just reloaded my game like nothing happened. Yup, Solitude is looking pretty barren of people at the moment. :P

Anyway, when you start playing you join the Dawnguard and pretty soon after you face the vampires. You'll be given the option at that point to become a vampire. If you choose to do so you will have ditched the Dawnguard and officially joined the vamps. So if you want to not be a vampire then say NO! Later on in the quest you will have the option to be a vampire again, even though you are a signed on member of the Dawnguard. At that point I chose to be one, did what I needed to do and then went on another mass kill spree to max out the vampire perk tree. When you return to the Dawnguard as a vampire they will shun you and send you off to Markarth (I think) to be cured. All you need is a Black Soul Gem to do it.

As far as I can tell that cure is supposed to be permanent but I've had to do it a couple of times since, the vampire thing seemed to come back. I don't know if that's a bug or if I got re-infected when fighting vampires.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users